lift & hauling.

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
ok well i've got a wild hair to do a lift.

anyone have a 5 or 6" and still pull a gooseneck?

i do an average for 26-28k lb loads, would the lift handle it? (it will be airbags in the rear)

if it cannot handle hauling i will start using my 05 CTD that has been parked for about 2 months haha.

anyone have any pics of their dodge with about 12" on 39.5's on 20's?

You'll have issues at that height with 26-28K behind you.

Most GN trailers don't have enough neck height to allow you to level the trailer out while still providing neck to bed clearance.

Also, what tires do yo have in mind that are rated heavy enough?

toyo m/t load range E. i KNOW they can handle it.

as far as the neck not being high enough, no problem, i can build new necks for my trailers. i am a certified welder (live gas lines, oil, etc).

i just didnt want to get it up there about 6" on 35's or 37's and not be able to still pull without too much strain on my drivetrain.

35s aren't too bad. Though they do cause quite a bit of RPM drop between the gears.

37s will introduce a boat load more strain and I wouldn't recomend them with towing in mind.

I'd like to see what you've done to the g-neck when done. I have heard alot about just stock Ford and Dodge 4X4's being to tall for some horse trailers. Seen back tires on tandems blow out on the highway couple of times, and seen one trailer that the front tires wouldn't even touch the ground (4'' lifted Ford).
Sucks to have a $40,000 diesel that you can't even tow with, but seems to be becoming the norm.
Even with the g-neck rebuilt, that sounds like alot of wieght on a 5'' lift.

Sounds like a :badidea: to me.

Good luck, hope someone else has an answer that can help.

ive got an 06 mega cab on 37s with a 6'' superlift. the rear sits about 3.5'' higher than stock w airbags and the truck pulls a gooseneck almost everyday the trailer is a load max 28' hyd. dove dual tandem and we live in the mountains and i have absoluely no issues w it, it pulls it just as good as my 98 2500 4x4 sitting stock height

My buddy tows weights close to that and he's lifted 4.5" on 35" Pro Comp AT's with no issues.

I would feel safer towing heavy with a stock or near-stock height truck. Seems like it could make a difference in an emergency situation.

I think 37's would through your gearing off pretty bad with the 48RE and 3.73's. I guess it's really not a problem if you don't mind downshifting more often though.

I haul my toys with my truck.........don't know how heavy it is though but its pretty heavy......it does hual it pretty good.....and trailer brakes are a must!
l_23a64de762d5ddbe48016785ee97ee14.jpg

I would look into traction bar to prevent axle wrap, you will have lots of twist with those big tires. I was havin problems with 37" trackbars fixed it

that big lift and tires you will want to change your gears for sure. and like you said (air Bags)

I you lift that big you will need to check your drivelines for lenght and some good u-joints