Lift pump for Superduty 12V

Bullrack

Is my frame mounted lift pump and water separator going to supply enough fuel and pressure for a mild daily driver with 12V? Or should I start looking into Airdog or Fass? It should seeing as how well it did with the 6.0 with 190cc injectors and tuned to hell and back. Just thinking before I get to this point. Steven.

Thanks, now I've got to figure out how much braided stainless line and what size from the frame lift pump to the IP. I'm about to start pulling my hair out already. Steven.

Did you mod your tank pickup already?

I am doing the same swap and am going to use all 1/2 push lok hose with an -an bulkhead in the lowest point of the tank. I use a Raptor 150 on my Dodge with a 12 valve and like that I can change the fuel pressure. I have used it for a year without a hickup. I plan on ditching all of the factory ford fuel system and running the stock dodge '94-'96 water seperator (screw on type filter, '97 changed to canister type and i hate them) that mounts to the head and then going to a NAPA 3528 2 micron filter before the P7100. I have the same setup on my Dodge.

I have a spare screw on style bulkhead sittin here if you needed it.

I never did mod my tank, it's all stock. I've got a shop full of frame canister filters so I thought I would leave it alone. It works great as a water separator and has the dash light warning for water. And probably use the bukhead filter deal with a pretty fine micron filter for even more protection. Should work fine I guess. Steven.

Rob, I might have to take that off your hands. PM with details. Also hunting Cummins IC piping. Going to use the 6.0 and Cummins to make a set. Should work to get the general shape, then have some stainless ones made later. Steven.

Bullrack, if you are going to use the Ford pump, i would ditch the stock cummins/bosch style OFV in favor of an adjustable Aeromotive regulator so you can dial in your fuel pressure wherever you want it. I really don't know what the 6.0 pumps make for pressure, do you? And now you got me thinking whether i even need to upgrade the pump, or just switch everything over to 1/2 lines?