Lift pump leak...

Ridemywideglide

Diesel NON-Pro
I think my lift pump sh!t the bed last week. It usually runs around 35psi at idle and it can't hold 20 now. There was a large puddle of fuel last I had it running, that I could only trace back to the l/p. Is there a weep hole on them that leaks when they go out?

Guess after 280k it decided to retire. :bs:

Um no... No weep hole that I'm aware unless it made itself one.

IMG_20111115_151256.jpg

There's your weep hole bud, if you need a pump Ill send you this one for the cost of shipping

That is a perfect example of why I said that I'm aware. I guess I've never spotted it. Sorry about that.

Which is exactly what I was thinking. Lol

That's alright, you're not the only one who never noticed it!! :hehe:

IMG_20111115_151256.jpg

There's your weep hole bud, if you need a pump Ill send you this one for the cost of shipping

Haha, no thanks. That one looks more ragged than mine. :Cheer:
I got one coming from Geno's, should be here before the weekend. I think Im going to bypass the heater and eliminate some old metal line while I'm in there. Tossed the guts to it years ago anyway.

p.s. Love your signature. I think I've got that same device. :st:

Last edited:
Haha thanks!

I got a pump from AutoZone a few years ago and it leaked rite out of the box! I have gone airdog/ raptor ever since

I'd go A1000 and new plumbing if the rest of the truck was worth the investment. Motor is the only reason I keep it at this point. Just need it running until another roller comes along the start new with.

There was a thread not long ago where I think Weston suggested replacing the lift pump bolts with studs, it would make it much easier to put back together

Just to let everyone know, the pump from geno's comes with a stud kit. Sweet deal. :rockwoot:

Off to get this pig running again.