lift pump taking a dump, or vp going bad?

cumminspower88

a couple of weeks ago i sold my injectors to a friend. we put my 200's in his truck and put his 100's in my truck until i get my new ones. once i was finished i noticed when i shut the truck off there was a hissing noise back by the tank. the truck had trouble starting the next morning. the following day at work i had to crack the injector lines and re-prime the fuel filter housing. ever since it takes it twice as long to start as it used to. i've been running with the fuel cap off the the tank will vent properly, but still no change. i've check all of the injector lines and they're tight. i'm goin to put a fass 150 on today, but does this sound like an electronic issue with the vp or is it the lift pump losing prime?:bang:bang:bang

I would like to know as well cuz my truck started doing the same thing about a week ago. Now it takes twice as long to start.

i think the hissing noise at the tank was a vent problem cuz my buddy says his does it to, so if u dont use the fuel cap its fine. now it doesn't take as long to start but it still takes a while. before the tank would be under vaccume and it would suck the fuel lines dry. but now i dont have an explination cuz once its runing its fine.

Did you replace the copper washers on the injectors when you re-installed them.

no.. i've got a new set they just didn't have them in when we exchanged. i forgot to add it puffs out a could of white smoke when it finally does fire. do u think the copper washers are leaking?

i pulled the conector tubes last night and # 6 was black. i'm assuming that that is where the leaking washer is.

Copper washers seal compression. You have a drain back problem which is most likely connector tubes leaking. Might just be #6, the tubes should have a nice uniform ring around them where they go into the injector. If not clean them up with real fine sandpaper.

Sounds like the injector hold downs might not be tight also, I know that if they are loose it will pressurize the tank.