Lifting Cab?

kasey200

I did a search for this but did not come up with anything. Does anybody know of a write up on lifting the cab on a 6.0. I am thinking about doing studs this summer and I want to start looking into everything involved. I should have everything I need to accomplish it I am just looking for some pointers and maybe a "how-to" article. Anything is appreciated.

Here is a post that I copied and pasted from antother site.

Here is my routine, super compressed, for a crew cab.
start ac machine to evac ac
remove body bolts

under truck - drain coolant, remover lower rad hose. remove 2 power steering cooler lines. remove 2 tranny cooler lines. unplug fog lights, remove the flap under the rad. pyro prob, e-brake cable, tranny shift linkage, ground strap under passenger side. Unhook abs sensors in each front wheel well.

Pass side of the motor - remove battery, hot cac tube, remove 2 ac lines, remove map line, remove one hot wire conecctor for the vaccum pump and ground cable behind battery and one small vacumm line. remove ground cable behind map sensor. unhook heater core supply line.

drivers side - remove battery. remove cold cac tube. unfeed pos cable from under rad brackets. remove air intake, remove rad overflow bottle, upper rad hose. unhook 2 lines that feed psf to master cyclinder. remove 2 lines from psf resivoir. remove 2 front cables from computer behind battery. 2 large cables that feed up frame rail remove 5 connections. remove 3 brake fitting in front of battery. remove steering connection. (all the electrical connections can only fit back in the right spot they are all different sized.)(fan shroud will go up with the body you don't need to remove it)

I think that's it. Due to being at a computer and not looking at a truck I may have forgot something. Sorry.

Lift the cab up, slowly checking for anything you may have missed.

thanks, i'll try to take pics all the way through. it won't be until this summer when i go home from school. hopefully sometime in june or july.

Back