lights

steam guy

I need some help tring to figure this one out. I hooked up the grid heaters and now the light dim or flash running down the road. The grids are off as when I hit 20 the lights get brighter. Then when ever the fights dim and right back to bright. Checked the grounds and all feel tight the switch does not get hot, and its a new alt. The volt gauge dips when it does it and so do the cluster lights. Any ideas?
Joe

The grid heaters are cycling on and off. When lights dim they are on. They pull a hellacious amount of current from your batteries. It is something you can't completley fix...but new spiral cell batteries will make it less noticable.

You should find a hundred threads on this subject.

should turn off at 15-20 mph. You are saying they still dim after that? Sorry if I did't read it right. :D

Is there any way too put them on a switch? It would be nice to control them. (Due to some low compression issues:woohoo:)

Is there any way too put them on a switch? It would be nice to control them. (Due to some low compression issues:woohoo:)

I would imagine you could put a switch in the power wire. Have to be a strong switch. Not sure how well that would work. The Low compression on my 12v requires a Precisionly cut stick to go in between the pedal and seat to idle er up to 1000rpm. till she warms up.

I would imagine you could put a switch in the power wire. Have to be a strong switch. Not sure how well that would work. The Low compression on my 12v requires a Precisionly cut stick to go in between the pedal and seat to idle er up to 1000rpm. till she warms up.

Ya, my 10 acres are mosquito free!:hehe:

Back