Line Lock INSTALL

noll08

It's Bad
I have been doing dirt drags with my 06 cummins g56. As u all know it's not too easy drag racing a truck with 3 pedals and 2 feet. I am wanting to install a line lock to set the brake so I'm not rolling into a red light. (Firepunk finals :nail:)
Does anybody have it done and would mine giving me some help on how to hook it up and what I would need?! And no I'm not setting my e-brake it doesn't workout

Thanks!!

Get you a 2-speed axle switch and mount it on your shifter. You are gonna have a hand on it when you lauch most likely anyway.

mm_a.jpg

Summit sells a kit I found for a good $$$..debating on getting the kit with the solenoid, lock in button, indicator light and inline fuse for $66 or just solenoid for $40. Was told u want to find a different button for my convience. So, possibly install the button in the shifter

You could even find a button and have a 3D model printed that the button would mount in and snap on the shifter where the shift pattern cap snaps in.

Just noticed that. I would assume it is a little better being its rated at 10amps. Clear coating for stealth purposes :)

You could even find a button and have a 3D model printed that the button would mount in and snap on the shifter where the shift pattern cap snaps in.

Ended up purchasing the hurst from summit just makes it more convient for launching.

I always thought a hand throttle would work well for drag racing a manual. Use your feet for the brake and clutch, hand throttle just for launching. Once you're ready for the first gear shift, your foot is off the brake already and back on the gas pedal.

I always thought a hand throttle would work well for drag racing a manual. Use your feet for the brake and clutch, hand throttle just for launching. Once you're ready for the first gear shift, your foot is off the brake already and back on the gas pedal.

If it was just strictly competion I would

I'm sure it would be pretty easy to fab a hand throttle that is easily removable.

I don't think you're picking up what I'm laying down. The hand throttle would work in conjunction with the foot throttle, not in place of. If you're launching in 3rd, you're going to have a few seconds until you're ready for a shift. Use the hand throttle while your hard on the brake and dragging the clutch. Once you're on your way and your foot is off the brake, put it back on the foot throttle and then you can let go of the hand throttle. Unless you're launching in first or second, you're gonna have time to transition from the hand throttle to foot pedal, and get your hand on the shifter
before you need to grab the next gear.

I don't think you're picking up what I'm laying down. The hand throttle would work in conjunction with the foot throttle, not in place of. If you're launching in 3rd, you're going to have a few seconds until you're ready for a shift. Use the hand throttle while your hard on the brake and dragging the clutch. Once you're on your way and your foot is off the brake, put it back on the foot throttle and then you can let go of the hand throttle. Unless you're launching in first or second, you're gonna have time to transition from the hand throttle to foot pedal, and get your hand on the shifter
before you need to grab the next gear.

A lot of work in 300ft race

IF I WERE doing a line lock for racing purposes i would run a relay and microswitch and toggle/button switch. Micro being under the gas pedal.

Theory being as follow.

Set enough brake pressure to hold you back if you are sliding the clutch a bit or prevent you from rolling and flip on the line lock to LOCK IN the pressure on the brakes. The micro switch set up so that WOT you break the signal from the main switch powering the relay and the solenoid releases. By the time you are off the throttle to shift gears you have already released all the brake pressure and it's no longer dragging. Somewhere in the run you just remember to flip the toggle switch and the line lock is no longer a part of anything.

Last edited:
My jeep has a hand throttle set up like this, it still has a foot throttle too. It's easy to work while shifting, makes rpm matching down shifts easy.

Shifter.jpg

Last edited: