Lines and Connector Tubes. What's the deal?

FosterW

How Now Brown Cow
I'm going to be using a 913 pump for my swap and hope to make 5-600hp in the future. For now I'll be using my HX35 and mild pump mods.

Are .093's needed for 5-600? Or would .084" be fine?

Should lines and tubes be the same size? (i.e. .093" lines and .093" tubes)
If yes, where would I find .084" connector tubes?

Also, what is the delivery valve holder I see some guys matching the size with the lines and connector tubes?

Thanks for your help guys.

For your target goal, .084s would be fine.

Quite a few guys run different size tubes than lines, but that is up to you. There is no real clean cut answer to that question.

The holder mods are mostly for pulling applications and not really recommended for the street. You shouldn't need them for your hp goal.

Honestly for your target hp, why are you p-pumping? You could hit that pretty easy with a VP?

vp= drivablity and adjustable

Drivability with my VP sucked. And running a Smarty, there was no push button adjustability.

I'm probably have the lowest hp out of the p-pump group here, and I would do it all over again.

The best set-up would be to have your holders, lines and connector tubes all the same size. Im running .120 holders with my .093 lines but i got the holders when i was running the .120 lines. But with a power goal of 500hp you would be ok with the stock holders and tubes

i love having the p-pump on my truck. It is daily driven and i pull trailers with it quite a bit. Alot better fuel mileage too. No drivablitiy issues with mine. One of my buddys just p-pumped his truck too and is also extremly happy with it. His truck is daily driven and tows too.

Last edited:
.084 lines, .093 tubes here, no problems yet, hit 631hp with a laggy charger and some off the shelf VP44 injectors.

need to get back on the dyno soon

in my personal experince i could use my vp truck for anything that i wanted to... now with the p-pump i dont feel that i can still pull a trailer with it... I thank alot of it is my turbo size...and its hard to drive aggressive with out blown smoke over everyone

A buddy of mine tows a lot of weight (18k+ IIRC) with his p-pump and likes it better than his VP.

Back