Linex your Rocker Panels???

Pangela

Not here.
Anyone ever done this? Let's see the pics.
I'm probably going to do this soon!

I did my own. My lower doors and rockers were rusting, so i cleaned them up and put the stuff over it. Looks alot better. Ill try to get some pics tomorrow.

My neighbor had his 05 done when he had the bed sprayed. They sanded and primed it all just like they do for a bed liner, and its all peeling off at the edge where it starts, and they dont warranty any liner sprayed on something besides a bed, so he is SOL at this point. I dont understand why its peeling tho if it is prepped the same way.

Haven't you seen TJs truck?? His is in Reno area. Looks pretty cool!!!

Oh I didn't realize TJ's was sprayed.

Anyone else seen it wasting away and peeling on the rockers?
What brand was this, do you know? I've heard that depending on the brand... some don't hold up nearly as well... ?

Ive got Rhino Liner on mine (I went rhino due to price and being close)
They used the paint mixed fade resistant mix on mine so its like black textured paint and wont fade which I like A LOT!!!! AND they will warranty any work I need done on it which is awesome! They did the whole rear bumper front and backside (dodges are known to rust out)

here are some pics...
Before:
singlestack.jpg

After:
images005.jpg

pics177.jpg

images007.jpg

Ian

I had my rockers/fender edges sprayed at the same time I had the bed done (shot at the same gun club with the guy who owned the liner shop so he cut me a helluva deal :rockwoot: ). I had the color matched to the gray trim on the bedrail caps, but if I did it again, I would have gone with black. My truck looks a bit different than it does in the picture, since I've sprayed the grille with black, DIY aerosol bedliner material and installed gray cab light lenses, but the pic is still pretty close...

drivers_quarter_high_res.JPG

I know... I did forget you. Or maybe I never knew!! See you in B-field!

Jim Fulmer said:
If anyone wants to do this thereselves you can gets lots of really good autobody stuff at www.eastwoodco.com

Jim

While they do have some quality products at good prices I would stay away from their bedliners if one expects anything remotely comparable to LineX/Rhino.

The SEM Protex hasn't gone over very well. Between the 4:1 activation ratio and the fact their MSDS sheets blatantly tells you it's 25-50% Talc (an earth mineral which costs a few pennies per pound which is used as "filler" or product "thickener" in place of ~$1-2/per pound resin) tells you us its a weak acrylic urethane at best not a polyurethane or polyurea.

Gator Guard is a hard epoxy coating which has pros and cons and in their case the biggest negative is chalking and/or fading after ~6 months. Epoxies can be some of the strongest waterproof and air-proof coatings around however you can't formulate enough UV inhibitor in them to prevent fading/chalking without weakening key properties of the epoxy. Gator Guard is great for that old CJ-5 beater, the jon boat or the bush hog but it's not something put in a new $50K truck. FWIW- From a decade of feedback unless things recently changed if you had 10 new Gator Guard bedliner guns odds would be slim that any 2 or 3 sprayed alike. One trick that makes their guns work better is cutting 50% of the spray tip off.

Mine with Durabak..............
did it myself, done a few of my trucks with it, and done other customers trucks....its timeconsuming, I did 2 trucks by myself in 2 days, prep and everything.....
doodah_1187750077.jpg

doodah_1157428153.jpg