Little more 6.0 Procharger info.

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Well, obviously didn't get to run it this weekend but I did get some info on the way home.

First, it made the 8.5 hour trip home with no issues. :D

I hand-calculated the mileage on it and it was getting 20mpg with the cruise set at 78mph! :rockwoot:

Cruising egt's at that speed stayed between 600* and 650*. Going over mountains and large hills even it never went past 800*.

Boost at that speed stayed around 15-16psi.

Hopefully the weather will hold out and I'll be able to hit the track sometime this week.

Well, I'm trying not to get too excited via the seat-o-da-pants-ometer so I'll find the answer to that some time this week, weather permitting. :evil

Danny,

What track are you hitting? I have been meaning to hit the track.

How does the stock belt seem to be turning the blower? No slipping that you can tell anyways? I know some of the cars have problems with belts slipping so I am curious if this will be an issue for you.

Am I the only one who wants to see pictures
video is currently processing, but should be up here in a few minutes
Dex
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QYPi3RWWkE[/MEDIA]
And here is Ross's Duramax
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGIcx7it1E[/MEDIA]

How does the stock belt seem to be turning the blower? No slipping that you can tell anyways? I know some of the cars have problems with belts slipping so I am curious if this will be an issue for you.

The only time I hear the belt slip is when the motor stops when I cut the truck off.

Cool project!
Did you keep a turbo also?

Yup, stock '04 turbo. I'll give you a call whenever I head out to State Capitol. :D

Pulling a Chevy gasser truck on my 16' double-axle utility trailer, egt's were just under 800* with the cruise set at 70mph. Load with trailer was about 5000lbs.

Having some FASS issues though. Got filters coming from David at DI to make sure that's not it (the fuel I poured out of the filter looked fine and the tank was full). Sent a pm to Diesel-Dan to hopefully get another pump here for tomorrow so I can get to the track tomorrow night.

Yeah, we swapped out the solenoid and it worked fine. Didn't pull as hard or clean up the fuel as good as the '04 though so we put the '04 back on there. The video I posted of a launch in the other thread has the '03 on it. The '04 actually cleans the fuel up even better and pulls noticeably harder.

It was hard to take it off though with the way that thing sounded. :evil

The only time I hear the belt slip is when the motor stops when I cut the truck off.

Yup, stock '04 turbo. I'll give you a call whenever I head out to State Capitol. :D

Right on!
I should get the goat back from fresh paint this week!:rockwoot:

Brought it to the track and it only ran a 13.0. Going down the track it felt like someone putting the brakes on, then letting of for a second and hitting them again. :shrug: Brought it to Swamp's 'cause they thought it might be an injector issue, but when I pulled it off the trailer for the test drive it didn't do it. Burned the tires thru the first 3 gears and buried the speedo almost instantly on the highway. :shrug: They took out the injectors and everything looked fine so it's getting a little more fuel while they have it. I'm guessing it's gotta be a drive line issue but watever it is seems to be fading away. Guess I'll have to wait for whatever it is to break, lol. I should be picking it up in the next couple of weeks.

Hope you get it worked out. Looking forward to really seeing what it can do.

Back