Livewire problems!! plz help

Ok so i finally got me a livewire and tried it out and love it.. I had it on the performance preloaded tune.. well i got back to the casa, and thought i'd see what some of the custom tunes are, well it had one which was performance 2.. Tried to download it, finished downloading and tried to crank it...nothing..my mileage and odometer just shows dashes..so i put it back to stock and tried to put the performance back on thinking somebody must have messed up on the custom tune, Now it wont read none of the preloaded tunes, wont check the codes and at stock still wont start, but then it will read the custom tune and download it and then i can check dtc's, clear them and still wont start..
Can i just disconnect the batteries or did i just fry something with this custom tune?? I figured if i fried the puter it shouldn't read at all should it?

Did you buy the Livewire used? It probably had a custom tune built for another truck's compouter code.

Call SCT, they can send you a recovery file. Otherwise, you can have it reflashed at the dealer.

It's been said many times before and I'll say it again. Please don't install a custom tune from another vehicle in your truck. Even if it does start, it may not run well. They are built specific for the trucks computer code and modifications. :badidea:

yeah i guess thats what happened.. yeah i bought it used, well thanks for the info, my first time messing with sct but now i know lol

Back