lloking for a tdi..what yr and issues

dieselbeef

dick doggin
got about 10k to spend..figure i can git into a 06 or so...stick and a diesel good for 45 mpg..gotta have it...

tdi forums are good,,,,any place else to check out??

thanks

gary

NO IM NOT GONNA MOD IT...........................................

If you get a 04-06, plan on putting a cam and lifters in it for about $700 (if you do it yourself). The cams were ground wrong from the factory and by 150K they're usually chewed up. Colt Cams has a fixed cam for them. That's the only major issue with them. Just run synthetic oil, keep up on maintenance, and they'll run forever.

Aw come on, you have to at least put at stage 1 tune in it to turn off the egr and other crap. 100% stock vehicles originally equipped with a turbo are not permitted to be owned by diesel enthusiasts!

TDIClub is a very good bet for finding a meticulously cared for car that may already have had a cam and level one tune done. It's probably not the cheapest place to find a car though. Autotrader, ebay, and craigslist are other places people I know have scored deals on tdi's from.

Tdi club is a great place I have bought two tdi's on autotrader and one on Craigslist

:welcome:99-2002 ALH has least problems I have been told.

It's 99-2003 for the ALH and stay away from the auto's for those years. I have an 02 I just picked up, it has an auto but I'm not complaining for $3500. and it just turned 100k miles. Worse case scenario, I do a manual swap.

If you are looking to do a swap the ALH engine would be the best bet. Easiest to Mod/work on and simple to maintain. Timing belt every 100k, oil change every 6k and you are set. the VNT15 is the weak link on this engine, but if you are not planning on any mods you should have no problem. My brother has 250k on his car and it is bone stock.