loading truck

crhellboy

so been thinking about this for a week sence i started on my new wieght box wondering how iam gona get the truck on trailer now just wondering how u guy with fully loaded wieght boxes r geting them loaded i just think the box is gona hit before the tires do

box is got rollers on it but where they sit only about 2in will where the tires are and thought about the longer ramp idea but didnt know how heavy they have to be for that long of span would a short ramp going to the organal ramp work that way the tires get to ramp before the box does

Have you thought about backing the truck on the trailer. I assume your trailer is a gooseneck but either way I have had the truck in my avatar on my 3 axle 20' bumper pull a few times but found the easiest way to haul it was to back it on. If I drove it on the front bumper and weight rack wouldn't go over the tool box on the tongue and the ramps wouldn't fold all the way up and I had to pad them so they wouldn't rub on the back of the truck. But I backed it on and no problem over the tool box and the ramps go all the way up. Plus you put more weight over the trailer axles. I think if you backed it on your rollers wouldn't dig in the ground to much either when you drove off but atleast the rollers won't fight with the ramps on or off.

yea idk about backing it on soon as this dang snow is gone ill roll it out of the shop and c what it looks like and as for air bags r u talking about useing them to take the wight of the front end while truck is siting in the shop and riding on trailer cause i put 2 removeable trailer jacks one on each side for that

I think he was referring to front airbags for the truck to bring it back up to where the hight of the truck would be without front weight.

Personally I would try backing it on first instead of spending money first.

we used some 5 foot lenghts of 2x12 for my buds truck. attached a block that set right down inside the ramp to keep it from slippin. worked just fine.

Last edited:
yea idk about backing it on soon as this dang snow is gone ill roll it out of the shop and c what it looks like and as for air bags r u talking about useing them to take the wight of the front end while truck is siting in the shop and riding on trailer cause i put 2 removeable trailer jacks one on each side for that

Yes we just mounted them rite on top of the upper control arm and it raises the truck how ever high u want it. That way u can have clearance to get on n off the trailer.

I don't have rollers on my wieght box, I purchased a set of these and the work great my truck is at 8,200lbs and better yet the wife lift them with ease :)

I think you might be able to find them cheaper on ebay there becoming pretty popular.

I use them to load the mule on the front of the trailor from the side as well :)

http://www.discountramps.com/heavy-duty-trailer-ramps.htm

BBD

Back