Local Rules

Timebomb

Bootney Lee Fonsworth
5. Turbochargers must be in original location and must be an O.E.M. style turbo. for the engine. Turbo size is limited to 2.6 inches. Plugs allowed. Air to turbo can not be drawn from anywhere else. Only one OEM appearing injecton pump allowed.

So how do you interpret this ? Was Holset the only OEM turbo manufacture for a B series engine. Did Shwitzer or Garrertt suply a turbo for the B series engine ? Correct me if I'm in the wrong, but that's how I read it.

Sounds like Gasser trash trying to make rules that they know nothing about. I would say that all Turbos are made by an OEM so run what you want.

Sounds to me like you can, for example, run any version of duramax charger only on a GM diesel. So I could run a duramax charger on a 6.5TD and come wax that ass for yall. LOL You can not, however, run a duramax charger on an old 7.3IDI in a Ford. :bang I do NOT see where it's limiting you to one turbo though. As for the inducer limit, sounds like to me they are allowing modified stock chargers but no larger than 2.6" opening with bushings allowed. So open up a stock charger (like the cheetah and ones from Danville) and then put a plug in it to get it back down to 2.6" inducer bore.

Where is this? Are the folks who wrote those rules friends with Fleece Performance or Danville Performance? :D

The work stock class here in KY (NKTPA) is similar, in that the chargers can't be swapped from one truck manufacturer to another BUT you can NOT run a modified stock charger. And if the charger came as a twin (only applies to the 6.4s) then it has to stay as a twin setup. That stops them from putting the big charger in that twin setup on a 6.0 or 7.3 as a single charger.

C-ya

Last edited:
seriously, did someone who owns or prefers the duramax write those rules??? they are pretty damn convenient for the duramax puller!!

well, the work stock class Duramax pullers should be pretty happy with them then. ;)

I hope, for the sake of the Dodges and Fords, that the modified stock charger market gets a boost in the arm for them. A Duramax fitting into those rules has potential to be a good bit north of 600rwhp. Don't see, hear of or know many, if any, Fords and Dodges doing that on stock chargers. They just don't waste their time modifying the stocker, they just swap 'em out for an aftermarket one. Like I said, they better start finding somewhere to get theirs hogged out and stuff bigger wheels in 'em if they stand a chance IMO.

C-ya

To be honest there are not many that pull around here just one or two that seem stock. I'm pretty sure there guys that vote on those rules dont run Duramax's.

Back