lock rite?

not enoughsmoke

floatin in tha gulf
I am wondering who is using these units on the street and offroad. My 96 1ton is full open differential and i am gonna change the gears and carrier in the front & rear. How are these holding up? only have a hx40 and pump work
Dana 60 Lock Right Locker 30 Spline

Run one in my front and wouldn't hesitate to put it through anything. It's done great so far. The rear I'm not sure with regards to pulling but would likely be fine for everything else. These units work better in the bigger differentials we have in these big trucks vs. the stories you hear about jeep guys and similar sized vehicles breaking them. The price is certainly right too and easier to setup than a full locker.

I think there are a few guys pulling with them in the Dana 60. I haven't heard that they are breaking them, but that doesn't mean they aren't.

I also seem to remember reading that they aren't recommended for over 550 hp.

Last edited:
Dont get them confused!!!

There is a lock rite and a Powr lok. The powr lok is the one you want, I cant stress that enough!!! The lock rite is a throw away unit. Where as the powr lok is a fully rebuildible unit and will take a ton of abuse. The are just about opposite of each other.

I ran a powr lok in my old truck and it never let me down always spinning both tires just as a locker would. Unfortunetly I dont believe they make them anymore. I found mine on ebay or you could try a junk yard.

good luck

I ran a lock right in my drag truck all last year. Held up great, boosted launches with slicks and all.

We all run the powertrax lock right in the front. Mine dont see any street but my brothers and three other guys do and dont have any issues with them. One guy with a welded rear says on slick roads it feel like the truck pushes more than it used to but no mechanicle issues at all. I know mine is a ***** to turn but i leave the weight on it all the time and my rear is welded. Deff. not much fun trying to put in the corner of the shop for winter.lol

I had a Lock rite in My Jeep TJ in the rear axle. They pop and bang every time you make a sharp corner and seem to bind up alot. They are a good locker for the trail but I would look at a selectable unless it's a dedicated trail rig.

My brother had one in his xj and it was quiet unless you hit the gas making a sharp turn. If you coasted around turns it was fine.

Back