lock up switch question

jon28

hey guys i'm not trying to beat a dead horse by asking prolly the same question over but i just put a lockup switch in my truck in my sig, its just a simple on/off toggle and everything is hooked up according to tst and it doesn't work? did i hook to wrong computer wire i'm on b11. any help would be greatly appreciated with this problem
-jon

did you jump the relay and are you sure you got the corret wire? if i'm not mistakin there are two orange w/ black tracer wires on that connector piece.

Yes there are 2 black and orange wires in there and when i did mine i was in a hurry and forgot to jump the relay and it put the tranny in limp mode.

ya jumper is in and i did the b11 i took all 3 plugs out to make sure but i will check again thanks guys

yup hooks to metal piece under the dash unless its not a good enough ground i thought about trying a jumper wire from the switch to the - on the battery since thats a true groudn and see wut happens but i'm lost with why its not working lol

and i'm not in limp mode or anything truck just acts like it always has shifts good just locks up and then unlocks all on its own i dont move my foot

Sorry for the redundant reply man. I'm with everyone else, bad ground or even possible a bad switch.

ya i thought of that too just be my luck lol but its cool nick

I know when I put mine in I put it on the wrong wire and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work.

Hope you get it working!

Adam

Is Your engine/tranny ECU remanufactured?

Remanufactured units do not support direct lockup, this info is from DTT when my frined Wagoneer tryed to find reason why his TC do not lock with swich.

no i think my computers original but i'm not sure i'll have to look at it
-thanks guys :), Jon

My 96 would do crazy thing when you lock it. I found out if you put a 30-35 ohm resistor in the ground wire going to the switch it will work properly. Im not sure if it will work on your truck I belive it was only the 96. But its worth a shot if you can dish out a whopping $1 for 5 resistors.

is the lock up switch worth it to do?? im gonna be puilling sleds this year.. would this benefit me???