Locking out of overdrive?

Gotlift01

Captain Insano
Has anybody figured out a way to lock these dang newer autos out of overdrive? I LOVED the option on my '01 where I could lock it out, but my new one has the tow/haul button and I hate it for towing on winding mountain roads where speed is slow.

Any ideas?:thankyou2:

My 07 has the od lockout. The button on the end of the shifter puts it in tow or od off or regular.

I think in 06 they changed it to allow OD off and tow haul.

Yeah the newer ones have that option, but my '05 doesn't which SUCKS! My dad's is an '08 and has both options, and our '07 work truck has it too.

BelgianMagic said:
there is a TSB for the 05s...

There is a TSB for the 05's......I just had a buddy at my local Dodge dealer print it out for me..

TSB # 21-006-07
GROUP - TRANSMISSION
DATE - MARCH 20 2007

A complete reflash that allows a TOTAL lockout of overdrive with a NORMAL SHIFT SCHEDULE THRU 3RD.

Here is the Catch according to what i've read in it.....YOU LOSE THE TOW/HAUL SHIFT SCHEDULE.......I'm assuming that it means that the convertor will not lock until 45-50mph instead of the 35mph that it locks in the tow/haul mode...

I'm unsure if I want to do this or not myself. Thats why I had him print it out, so I could read it completely and think about it before I did it.....

Hope this helps!!!!!!!

"CUMMINS GUYS KEEP IT STRAIGHT!! THOSE OTHER GUYS SWING BOTH WAYS!!!"

Last edited:
That is great, thank you for posting that! That sucks about the TC lockup speed though......that might not be worth loosing in the long run. Hmmmm gives me something to think about too. Thanks again for posting that!:thankyou2:

Gotlift01 said:
That is great, thank you for posting that! That sucks about the TC lockup speed though......that might not be worth loosing in the long run. Hmmmm gives me something to think about too. Thanks again for posting that!:thankyou2:

My pleasure!!!!!!!

Hey, let me know if you do it though and how you like it..........It is possible that the lockup will still be at 35 though.........It never really clearified it.

Read it at the dealer and let me know your take on it........

Big Swole said:
My pleasure!!!!!!!

Hey, let me know if you do it though and how you like it..........It is possible that the lockup will still be at 35 though.........It never really clearified it.

Read it at the dealer and let me know your take on it........

Sounds good man, hopefully next week I'll have some time to swing in there and check it out!

Thanks again!