lockup switch.... few questions

snow ram

Newb
i have never really looked into doing a lockup switch before but if im going to get serious about pulling, i might just check into doing one on my truck
im just not sure about which wires to jump and the do's and don'ts of running one
i know not to have it locked up when im trying to slow down and i have heard not to try and lock it up under WOT as it can cause some wear and tear to the TC
any other insights would be great
thanks guys

well as for the locking under wot forget that one all the guys that have lockup are at wot like mine is a bulldog torque locker which they don't make anymore for some reason it works great I can set it to lock up and any speed and it automaticly unlocks the tc once you slow down below that mph and I have mine set to lockup as soon as I hit second gear at wot going down the drag strip.
but as for wire to jump you will have to pull the rely under the hood and make a loop wire to put in its place and then need a toggle switch that the one side is ran to a ground and the other to the wire harness on the passenger side of the truck middle plug but I can't remeber the color of the wire off hand.

Good luck. I went to do mine the other day and there are 3 orange with black tracer's in the middle plug. You can trace it back.

wildmanben said:
So hows it coming? You going to catch me at Beresford?

teehee:ft:

i have a ways to go before that, but im sure going to try and make it a few more feet down the track
maybe we will get to pull the small sled in beresford and tug it out the gate

That would be nice huh? Maybe if I get my turbo by then I could pull in it too!

switch works great! it wants to bark the turbo really bad if im not all the way on the throttle though