Lookin for 700-800hp options?

Fair enough. Same question. For the 5.9 and the 6.7 platforms.

But let's keep it retail pricing as that's the resource everyone has available and what Danny quoted on the 6.0 platform

I really can't comment on retail because I am
A) A cheap ass
B) Mechanic
But I do see where you are coming from.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Starters i made 30+ hooks at right around 800hp engine is still like new. Dyno run was after season was over. STOCK TRANS with billet input shaft a tripled disk converter.

Same goes for undivided attention. That engine never got touched all season.

I pull against 2.6 dodges that have less hp and twice the coin invested in there engines.

From my smart car.

OP, talk to this guy. i'm not a ford guy at all but i watched his truck run for the past few years while helping a friend running against him(ppump 24v). jessie is a really nice guy who knows his 6.0s.

I'd say regardless of vehicle they ALL require a built tranny! So let's pull that out of the equasion.

Now to build up a reliable 700-800 street able reliable 12v would cost ?

Lets see what inj route do you want to do? Whos p pump are your going to run? Stock ones flow good but upwards arround 6ish you either need to pull it and get it bech flowed or get a race pump? Streetable... thats where playing with different combos come into play.. my buddt had 5x16s with a 64mm even fully lite its was smoking pretty damn good.. if you want 600-700 out of a 12v... your looking at twins other wise its not streetable.. the build wouldnt kill you.. its the playing arround with different fueling options and chargers that does ..... btw my old 12v is for sale if your interested

I also want to know where people are comming up with the "6.0 isnt reliable" are you talking about the average diesel idiot newbee who doesnt take care of his motor.....? thats what I run into at my shop everone who curses the 6.0 there trucks are rode hard put up wet with no maintance " the people who take care of there truck loves them... when the cab is up do a hpop.. oil cooler.. egr delete ... replace the hpo orings... your good.!

Last edited:
I really can't comment on retail because I am
A) A cheap ass
B) Mechanic
But I do see where you are coming from.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

:hehe: heyyy your like me..!! I made my own regulated return kit .. normally 6 and change.. mine was the high end of 200... that expensive fass and air dog.. PFFFFFTTT fuel lab pump with a sump pump and some filters that im rigging up on my frame.. ALOT LESS...

work smart not harder..

Meh for chargers a 62/65 or 68 a s480 through a 488 with a 92mm to 96mm turbine, some 5x16-5x20's, a benched 180 or 215 with at least 450cc's, light bowl work, gasket match and polish on the head. A cam if you feel like it plus supporting mods should be able to do 800 if tuned well imo.

Lets see what inj route do you want to do? Whos p pump are your going to run? Stock ones flow good but upwards arround 6ish you either need to pull it and get it bech flowed or get a race pump? Streetable... thats where playing with different combos come into play.. my buddt had 5x16s with a 64mm even fully lite its was smoking pretty damn good.. the build wouldnt kill you.. its the playing arround with different fueling options and chargers that does ..... btw my old 12v is for sale if your interested

I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression! I was inquiring about the build info as a line of inquiry as there seemed to be a bunch of nut swingers jumping on the Op for having a 6.0 and wanting to make power.

I was looking for $$ comparisons in relation to horse power and reliablity builds based on the dodge/ ford platforms.

I will not be changing any time soon, as I am the type of guy who doesn't like to follow the pack and in my area every inbred is running a cummins with a stack and flipped up mirrors! Not sayin that's a bad thing if that's what your into, but I prefer to be seperate from the pack and be on top.

I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression! I was inquiring about the build info as a line of inquiry as there seemed to be a bunch of nut swingers jumping on the Op for having a 6.0 and wanting to make power.

I was looking for $$ comparisons in relation to horse power and reliablity builds based on the dodge/ ford platforms.

I will not be changing any time soon, as I am the type of guy who doesn't like to follow the pack and in my area every inbred is running a cummins with a stack and flipped up mirrors! Not sayin that's a bad thing if that's what your into, but I prefer to be seperate from the pack and be on top.

So Have you thought about a Ford Inline 6cyclinder(blue OX) I have seen some bada$$ ones at the pull tack in tractors. Just Saying I like different things too. I think it can be done with the right research and find all your weak links and prevent problems.It is man made Powerstroke, cummins, duramax, whatever Man desgined it man can break it.
Same story different day.

Find a 5.9L Cummins out of an F800. Also get the Allison behind it. Then you don't have to feel bad about it being a Dodge Cummins. I've actually seen guys do this in the "antique" Ford F250's (1960's and 70's generation trucks). They get real offended when people say..."so you put a Dodge engine in a Ford?". No...it's a Cummins...and it came out of a Ford.

I'm gonna get back on topic here and say injectors and get it breathing well. Port and polished heads can add a few extra horse and sometimes inexpensive if you know a machine shop. Custom tunes and FICM tunes both will be needed. We are running a similiar set up on the sled puller and making around 750 but there is a lot of room to play with still. 6.0's do make power

Undivided attention is our 2.6 puller, been a awesome truck with out a hiccup all 2012 season. Get on over to PSA , or get ahold of me, Jesse or Shawn

Back