lookin for the miss

Wozxxx86

i need money
ok, truck was fine yesterday and this morning, but when i started it up and left work i noticed that it was missing. i figured a loose line, nope. cracked all the lines #1 didnt change the idle much and i belive #3 or 4 was the other that didnt. checked the valve lash, all good. has less power below 1500rpm but comes alive above that. which leads me to think that its not a filter issue. blow-by is minimal like hardly any. so whats most likly? or i should say wheres the easiest and most likely area to begin looking?

does it still start good.. air being sucked in or bleeding fuel back? I went to friend that was having the same problem and found #5 barrel cracked in the pump. Took a while to start and the delivery valve was loose feeling. hope this isnt the problem for you but just letting you know what Ive found.

yea, starts fine, then it lopes until warmed up, which was usual with my idle set at just below 750 rpm. no more smoke than usual either. cracked dv washer maybe ? as far as i know my pumps never been touched other than the plate and afc. so from what i read it should still have them correct?

what are the symptoms of a sticky plunger, just so i might b able rule that out before diggin in that far.

My 95 12v is doing pretty much the same thing. it starts fine but runs ruff and sounds like its missing but when it clears up then it starts lopeing. All I have done is 16* timeing, AFC gutted, 4k gov springs, and fuel plate removed. any ideas?

Last edited:
mine idles fine, only notice the miss in gear, and only lower in the rpm's. mine always had a studder befor at 1250 rpm exact. i had thought about the gelling, but i would assume that would affect top end more than bottom end. tomorrow im gonna pull the sticks and maybe put a bora-scope in the holesif i dont see anything visibily wrong withem. then i'll pull the holders and look in there.

well, found one stick with a clogged hole, put my stockers back in, less of a miss but still there but more noticable theday after swap for sumreason, also changed filters and cleaned prescreen. diff was minamal. still havnt found a dv socket so my next check will be the lift pump. dont think that thats the likelyculprit tho, altho im hopin

Back