looking at a 03

dsl kicks gas

Runnin on Broke
i've been looking at a 03 3500 CTD auto 4x4, quad cab, SLT it's a nice truck and all but it has 305k mi on it, the guy that has it pulled campers for fema and a dealership, the samething i will be doing with it. i was wanting a 6er and a little newer with less mi but the price is alright on this one. 14,500. it has a lot of new stuff on it. new tq conv, rebult traney new brakes, tires, ujoints, seals. and they have the service records on it.

it is stock other than a 105 gal fuel tank in the bed plumed in the stock tank, and a extra electric fan. if i would get it i would get gauges, straight pipe it and probley a power puck.

what do ya all think? to many miles or will i have the same problems i have now?

lots of miles check it over with a fine tooth comb i had a 95 with 298 on it when i bought it was a great truck should have kept it. my neighbor has a 99 with 412k on it and hasnt had any trouble with it. just check it out good check the front end for wear and anything else obvious

well ive seen more on an 03 I was pulling for the 03 and 05 season for femia and put 77k mils on my 04 in 10 monts so mostly HW miles but Heavy mils . I seen some 04 well equiped going for 21K with like 50 to 80k on them.
Its a byers market I know I jused picked up a 99 ram Quad 4x4 slt laramie and the price was rte.

Last edited:
i've been pullin with mine, but from what i'v seen it had a HARD 90k mi before i got it. the motor aint hurt but everthing else is going down hill. i have to rebuild the trans. and sell it before i can get anything else. i was just in fairless hills Pa and seen a nice single cab DRW 6er 05 for 21,000 but it may of had 300k on it to. the dealership was cloased or i would of stoped.

ive put 117,000mi on mine and replaced a lot along the way, and finaly won the battle with fuel pressure and hard starts....i think:bang

i dont like being over 12hrs from home in a truck i dont trust. :bow:

revolutiondsl said:
lots of miles check it over with a fine tooth comb i had a 95 with 298 on it when i bought it was a great truck should have kept it. my neighbor has a 99 with 412k on it and hasnt had any trouble with it. just check it out good check the front end for wear and anything else obvious

i know what you mean, when i bought mine, the vp wire had been taped, the fifth gear went out a month later, the t.case soon to follow, and a headach all along the way. we have a 93 with over 350k on it and it didnt get a new clutch untill last year when i cranked the pump up. LOL