Looking at a New Truck got ?'s

JustinH

Hello,

I am looking am an 07 with the 6.7 motor, the truck has 23,000 miles and they are asking 29,000. I have an 02 24 valve with 140,000 miles that I am looking to trade. I have a few questions as I have no real knowledge of the new motors.

How bad is the mileage? I am used to getting 15-17 in the 02 with 4.10 gears.
I mostly drive to and from work (30 miles) about 60 mph. Other then that is just work on the farm which mileage won't be good.

Are there any recalls or tsb's that I need to check into?

Are there any know issues with these trucks? Ex. lift pumps in my 02.

Thanks,
Justin Hosler

Justin ... i'm in the looking mode as well, not ready quite yet, but I've been reading. One of the 'topics' is blown head gaskets. Seems like there is a lot of them.

I haven't found a cause yet, but on one board, someone posted that the only common thing between the trucks with the blown head gaskets is the EGR delete. There were no follow up comments. Some trucks were repeat offenders, more than 3 or 4 head gaskets. This was NOT on high HP trucks!!

On the mileage topics, sounds like the EGR delete, CAT & DPF delete put the mileage right back up there.

good luck

Forrest

I have an 08 with full deletes and I see 16s in town. There are a couple TSBs for the 07.5. Dodge - Contact Us You can put in the last 8 of the VIN and it will tell you if there are any recalls/SB that need to be performed.