Looking at an 04 6speed... auto conversion??

strokin6.4

How hard it to put an auto in a manual transmission truck. And what all would I need to do it? I search real quick didn't find much. Post a link if you know of one and we can shut this down.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

EARLY 2004 or late?
The physical swap of the tranny isn't a terrible one, but the ECM and wiring can be a PITA.

Get in contact with LAMiller.
Lavon just did one for one of his customers and they hit me up for a fuse box/headlight harness and ECM to do the swap.
There were other wiring harnesses involved, as well.

Mark.

Last edited:
If you go with a standalone controller or a manual valve body its not bad at all. I love mine!

If you go with a standalone controller or a manual valve body its not bad at all. I love mine!

Manual VB all the way!! Love mine, and when you go from a clutch and shifting through 6 gears, no clutch, 3 shifts and a switch are nothing!!

I'm a fan of the manual ValveBody. Takes alot of the ass pain out of a swap.

Probably spent 9-10k on mine with 7200 of it being the trans. But I didn't go cheap on the cooler, lines and all the other shat. It definitely could be done cheaper.

How hard it to put an auto in a manual transmission truck. And what all would I need to do it? I search real quick didn't find much. Post a link if you know of one and we can shut this down.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

whats ur location? if you're close i might be able to help AND swap with ya; assuming you're an early 04. :Cheer:

I'm in the process of trying to swap an auto in place of my nv5600 which no longer has od... I was thinking a manual valve body with a kilduff machine twister or twister jr shifter.

Btw I'm still looking for a deal on all of the parts everybody that wants to swap wants me to fix 6th gear for their low mi stock auto's. Why should I have to build 2 trans and only keep one?

yeah its definetly easiest to find a guy that wants to swap.

to be honest, unless you really like this truck the easiest is to buy a truck that is already automatic

Btw I'm still looking for a deal on all of the parts everybody that wants to swap wants me to fix 6th gear for their low mi stock auto's. Why should I have to build 2 trans and only keep one?

not to be blunt... but would you trade your working transmission for one you have to fix?

Ya since I would have to replace everything in the auto's I'd be trading for because they're stock. I virtually just need the core. I'm looking at buying a built one of a guy now and just making everything else work.

Back