Looking at possibly purchasing a 06 dodge 6spd 3500

red dodge2

Looking at a 2006 dodge dually 6spd with 74,000miles. Wondering if this was a pretty good year for the CR engine. Im a ppump and a vp guy but wanting a 4 door dually for a tow rig so i gotta go up to a CR. Truck is in really good shape, no rust, paints good also is the laramie package. Also what would some of you guys pay for one? Its all stock.

06 = Ability to tune w/ EFI. 74,000 mi = seller doesn't have to be negotiable on asking price. Buy it, improve the fuel filtering and enjoy!!

I think it does need a throwout bearing. I have to drive it yet but jus what the guy is telling me.

Yes 4x4, and what ring problem?

Like all common rails (but especially the 04.5-early 07's) the piston rings aren't gapped right, eventually crack, and wear into the cylinder wall.

That usually happens when you toss a tuner on them and hit some higher drive pressures and egt's.

They also have sticky injectors if you don't keep up on fuel filters, or toss in some better fueling.

They fixed these issues in 07.5 (6.7L), but then you've got to deal with a 68rfe, and a small list of other issues.

Trade offs!

So redo piston rings, and add a fass, and you're in great shape it a common rail.

Went and looked at it. Its a pretty nice truck. Drives great! Needs a throwout beating for sure and prolly do a clutch will im in there. It rattles pretty good. As for the HVAC controls is only has defrost and vent. Any ideas what this could be? I got them down on price to 27.

Went and looked at it. Its a pretty nice truck. Drives great! Needs a throwout beating for sure and prolly do a clutch will im in there. It rattles pretty good. As for the HVAC controls is only has defrost and vent. Any ideas what this could be? I got them down on price to 27.

It might be a throwout bearing, but I'd bet it's the dual-mass flywheel. Either way, replace it with a solid setup while you're there.

Back windows are known to leak on these causing the rear underseat storage to fill with water at certain times. Blend door problems are to blame for the HVAC.

There are a few relevant recalls for this truck that you should check to see if they've been done. One regarding the steering linkage, one with fuel tank venting/filter, and one with reverse popping violently out of gear while backing down a hill.

They're good trucks overall.

Price sounds high for what you're going to put into it. Blend door, clutch & supporting parts. Are the tires fair? Lord knows those are not cheap.

Those trucks were not much over $30k-$35k new if I recall.

Tires are brand new, and im thinking now its not the throwout. The thing makes noise like a dry bearing with clutch pedal released but when u push it down u can hear the noise slowly come to a stop but when u release pedal it comes back. Idk what to think about it now. Im afraid theres something inside the tranny thats bad like a bearing.

It might be a throwout bearing, but I'd bet it's the dual-mass flywheel. Either way, replace it with a solid setup while you're there.

Back windows are known to leak on these causing the rear underseat storage to fill with water at certain times. Blend door problems are to blame for the HVAC.

There are a few relevant recalls for this truck that you should check to see if they've been done. One regarding the steering linkage, one with fuel tank venting/filter, and one with reverse popping violently out of gear while backing down a hill.

They're good trucks overall.

Glad I read this thread. I have been trying to track down a leak I have in the wife's truck. I will have to check the back window.

Tires are brand new, and im thinking now its not the throwout. The thing makes noise like a dry bearing with clutch pedal released but when u push it down u can hear the noise slowly come to a stop but when u release pedal it comes back. Idk what to think about it now. Im afraid theres something inside the tranny thats bad like a bearing.

It is the throw out bearing not a biggy! The G56 is noisy to begin with! Changing out the ATF to a 75w makes a world of difference!

Whats the best dual disk clutch to put in front of the g56? Ive always had good luck with southbend but some guys are tellin me to try a valair....?

Back