Looking at purchasing a 2008 6.4L

KCornman22

I have never owned a diesel and know very little about them so far. Any suggestions of what to look for or keep an eye out for? Are these 6.4L good engines? I also told the guy I will be taking it into the local Ford dealer for an inspection and he said no problem.

Here are the details about the truck:

2008 FORD F-250 FX4 Crew Cab Long Box (8 Foot Box)
NON SMOKER! (never been smoked in)
69,955 Low Miles (continue to go up as I continue to drive it)
4 Wheel Drive
I Average 17.5---20.5 MPG
One Owner, Never Been Wrecked, Clean Car fax
Strictly A Pavement Driver

** The Black Wheels on the truck do not come with it, there is brand new chrome wheels and Mickey Thompson tires on the truck now**
All pictures are recent, the truck will be sold with the 18 inch wheels and 37 inch tires.
Extras:
8" Four link BDS Suspension Lift With Gas Shocks
AMP'D RESEARCH FOLD OUT STEPS WHEN DOORS OPEN.
37x13.50x18 mickey Thompson atz tires (BRAND NEW) $2000
18x10 pro comp alloy wheels (BRAND NEW) $1200
Bully-Dog RFI Molded Injection Intake System
H&S Mini Max Tuner with 300HP Tune. (Usually Ran On Low / Mild Setting)
4" Turbo Back MBRP Exhaust w/ Muffler With DPF DELETE
4" to 5" Exhaust Tip
20 Percent Window Tint All the way around truck
Recon LED Black Taillights
Recon Black Side Markers In Mirror
Recon Cab Lights
Black Spray In Bed liner
factory Tailgate Step
Painted White Vent Visors
Cowl Induction Hood
Bushwhacker Pocket Flares

Interior:
All Black Interior
Black Leather With HEATED SEATS (no rips, or tears)
Black Weather Tech Floor Mats Since The First Week I bought it!
All Power Options
Factory Power Sunroof
Power Mirrors, and Power Extended Mirrors
Rear Sliding Window

I Had The Grille, and Grille Inserts, along with both bumpers, and the fender flares and cowl induction hood all painted to match the truck.
(truck is also for sale locally, therefore I may end the auction early if it sells locally etc)

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• F250.jpg
    F250.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
I had a buddy looking at that truck, and it looks like a very nice truck. Only thing I would do with it is do the motor deletes and thats about it. One of my other buddies has a 6.4 that he bought with about 30k on it and we deleted it and later on put single turbo on it and it has been trouble free with only minor tuning issues.

Last edited:
17-20 mpg is a joke, hand calculated 13-16 is the best I have ever got since I tuned and deleted mine.

I would assume the tuner is telling him that or something?

I went and drove it today, its a bad ass truck and I think I am going to buy it. I am taking it to the Ford dealer tomorrow to have it inspected and if everything goes well I will probably buy it.

17-20 mpg is a joke, hand calculated 13-16 is the best I have ever got since I tuned and deleted mine.

We got 17 on the interstate with a 2010 F-450 when it was deleted. 20 out of a 2008 F-350 srw after deleted.....

I don't know what I am doing wrong, 60-65 mph average gets me 17 with out much stop and go and that's the best I can do. I am running Spartan tuning, AFE cold air intake and just a delete pipe and stock muffler.

Sharp truck, I got a buddie selling a 08 also on here fordguy24.. might wanna check his out.. built trans studded.. all the mods that one has 2 basically.. black with 20x12s

That must not be the recent picture, because they are definitely not 18" wheels.

Had the Ford dealer inspect it. Has a rear pinion seal leak and needs new rear brakes.

The wheels that are on it in that picture were sold, there are different ones on now. I plan on selling the ones on there now though and getting similar ones to those black ones

Had a deal with the guy, but he sold the truck out from under me... back to looking I guess.

I would sell you the 08 in my Avatar, loaded Lariat 75K if you are interasted PM me.