Looking for a 24V head

Cummins590

Looking for a 24v head. Would like it to be ported and also have the side milled off. Let me know what you have.

I got a ported 04 cr head, milled intake, hamilton springs, threaded and pipe plugged freeze plugs as well. I got two different intake plenums.

With custom fuel delivery tubes a CR head will work.
In some cases the intake needs milled off, namely to P-pump.

VP heads have a nearly 90% mortality rate, so bad that I no longer even try to save, much less sell one.
The last 4 VP heads I have had have all been cracked bad enough that even over-sized seats wouldn't fix them, 2 were under 150,000 miles.

Can you imagine trying to sell a good running engine, where everyone knows it likely has a cracked head? :hehe:
I have 2 VP engines here that fit that comment, just as well part and scrap them.

Mark.

Last edited:
I have one that came off of a 53 block(1999 IIRC), just under 100K on it. I picked it up as a spare, was going to have it ported etc. Sold the pulling truck don't need it. $250.

Don't think a cr head will work on a p-pump 24 v engine will it?

:hehe: I suppose a 12v head won't work on a 6.7 block either....:doh:

When I talked to c-tech about cnc porting he said they won't even mess with a early vp 24v heads because of the poor castings.

Last edited:
I have a 24V head, crack free, completely rebuilt with 0 miles on it, Ti spring retainers, 110# Hamilton springs, with porting on the exhaust side, and the pump in the intake cut out and posted flat. FullBoar in Dodgeville, WI did all the work on it.

Pm me if you're interested. It's just in the way

:hehe: I suppose a 12v head won't work on a 6.7 block either....:doh:

When I talked to c-tech about cnc porting he said they won't even mess with a early vp 24v heads because of the poor castings.

Interesting as a couple years back, one of the big engine porters only wanted a non removable seat head to start with.

I would feel a lot more comfortable running a 4v head with non removable seats as well. If you have a machine programmed to port a head to maximum extent your gunna run into big problems with inconsistent castings, 03+ 4v heads are much more consistent thats all I'm saying.