looking for a chip

sjr_704

just bought a 6.7 wondering what chip's work good with this motor and if they will leave a footprint.

Doritos with tabasco for power or ranch for mileage! Welcome to Comp-D!

P.S. It is impossible to chip a cummins. :charger:

i myself... i prefer to use a dorito's/tortillia chip stack with some taco meat and cheese. works great

All joking (From Me) aside, There are quite a few PROGRAMMERS/MODULES (learn those words) out there, Edge, Smarty, HTC(?) just to name a few, use the search bar, and do some reading on the subject to find out which one would be best for you. I have an Edge Juice W/ Attitude, It is all that I need for what I use my truck for, Do you have any Emissions/EGR Deletes? You might want to consider doing that before you put any sort of fuel mods on your truck...

You'd think people would get themselves updated with something simple like that. I mean "chips" haven't been used since 1995. When the OBD-II system came out it all went to programmers. Diesels and gassers alike. Well, except for the obvious fact that Cummins never used "chips" of course.

However, on topic. All of them will leave a footprint on the 6.7. Well, the good ones will anyway. Not saying that leaving a footprint is good. Just that the better tuners will leave one. For a 6.7 you've really only got a few choices for a good programmer/tuner. There is the H&S Blackmaxx, Smarty, and a couple of variations between those two. That's pretty much it for the 6.7s. They have the best customer support, and they've got their stuff working well. I do NOT recommend Bully Dog either.