Looking for a head!

2Tone12V

Back to the drawing board i go. Thought i had everything straightened out with getting my head goin. Then they found 2 cracks in the head. Valves are good and have new springs and retainers from haisley to put on. Anybody help get my truck on the road. Looking to buy a head. Cheaper the better. Thanks

I've got one that's been magnafluxed...good...but had to have press in valve seats put in. I could get you the rest of the info on it if you're interested!

Chris

Never messed with the head before. All new to me. Dont know about pressed in valve seats??? Would i be better finding one that hasnt had that done?

Ive hot the ability to get hands on atleast 2-3 heads all are used...if interested PM.

if your buying a new head might as well have it o-ringed right away and save the hassel later

Thats what im doing. Got Spring and retainers from haisleys and midwest performance diesel in pacific missouri is goin to machine the head. Just have to get the head now lol

2Tone12V said:
Thats what im doing. Got Spring and retainers from haisleys and midwest performance diesel in pacific missouri is goin to machine the head. Just have to get the head now lol

I bought my head from Alabama Cylinder Head for just under $500 shipped to my door. They are brand new and it came with the 60lbs exhaust springs.

Ya but was it one of the heads from China? I try and stay as close to mr. cummins as i can!

The ones from performance diesel are cummins heads. I will have to agrree with you on the China heads. Crappy metal.

ya we don't want to get going on the CHINA CRAP!!!*bdh* :badidea: chiten rotors can't last a year:badidea:

Found me a head from that good ole boy farmboysdiesel. Used head but no cracks. Thats good enough for me!

2Tone12V said:
Ya but was it one of the heads from China? I try and stay as close to mr. cummins as i can!

It was made in Brazil! Guess where my factory Cummins head was made, I'll give you a hint it starts with a piece of womens clothing. However I have heard they get them from 3 or 4 places.

Cummins has nine facilities that build their engines...... that's why you have to have a serial number from the engine when ordering parts. (Or a really smart guy working at the cummins place).