Looking for a swap Candidate.........

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Ok, so i work night shifts at a jail....so that leaves me with a lot of time to just think up crazy ideas.......

So I have a 99 Ford with a 12v and a built trans in it right now. Its a heack of a running motor!!!

But the more I look at it, the more I realize that the body isnt going to get much better looking than it is. Although there is no rust showing....its just a matter of time. There in no sence in doing body work and smoothing it out when more rust is just going to come through in a short amount of time. Its got 236K miles on the body and all those miles have been going down Michagain roads...so rust is everywere!!!!

So here is my idea........

I have absolutly fallen in love with an 07.5+ Chevy Crew cab trucks. I dont know what it is, but I just like the looks. Plus everyone is raging about the interior....which is a huge plus for me, because I drive quite a bit of miles!!!!

Would it even be worth it to try and find an 08+ Chevy Crew Cab with either a blown motor, bad Big Block (not even sure if they offered them) or some sort of wrecked (body OK though) flooded, or something along those lines and try and do a drivetrain swap????

I mean, who would think its cool to have a newer Chevy, with a 12v, Triple turbos, Billit HTS trans, and a 3rd gen transfer case!!!!!

i already have all the swap aprts in my Ford, so I think modifying most of the stuff I already have to work in the Chevy shouldnt be too hard.

But getting the guages to wrok would be the biggest trick!!!!

I mean come on, who wouldnt think it would be cool to have this with a 700hp 12v!!!!

040.jpg

Theres a flood damaged one for sale on duramaxforum. And you're talkin major time and money too do it right but it would be awesome. I would just build the duramax though.....

Swap it...you'll never beat a 12v for simplicity and that new Chevy sure looks sweet on big rubber!

I think I would perfer a commonrail with triples like my setup in the Chevy more than a 12v.