Looking for Better Spool up

GhostRider7

In addition to everything in my sig, what do you guys think would be the best bang for the buck to help with the spool up of my silver bullet? Bigger injectors? exhaust manifold? Cam?

I was thinking of increasing my injectors because it would definitely be the cheapest route....however being that I use the truck as a daily driver I don't want the EGT's to get out of hand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Port the turbo?

A cam made the spool up on mine better. What settings do you run on smarty? Daily driving on level 5 stock torque mgmt does pretty good on the street

A cam made the spool up on mine better. What settings do you run on smarty?

I like running the high settings but I don't drive like an A$$. Tnt/r sw9 tim2 tq3 rp2

porting... for me it was free and it was the logical decision... but you might have to buy the tools and stones and so on, i used a really high rpm electric version of a drill, its not a drill but it worked really good

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44141

die grinder (couldnt remember the name)

Thanks Man

gasket matched the manifold ports, and turbo pedastal, and the turbo inlet itself.

huge difference in spool up on my 12 valve, my dad is doing the same thing on his 3rd gen when he gets the time.

i'll try to find some pictures

I'm gasket matching the turbo pedastal and the turbo inlet. All I did on the manifold ports was clean up the casting rough spots on the inside. Don't know if it helps, but heard people saying it does and I have plenty on time and the tools so why not.

porting... for me it was free and it was the logical decision... but you might have to buy the tools and stones and so on, i used a really high rpm electric version of a drill, its not a drill but it worked really good

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44141

die grinder (couldnt remember the name)

^^^^ won't work, been there done that. Too fast. you need something like this..

Amazon.com: Makita GD0810C 1/4-Inch Variable-Speed Die Grinder: Home Improvement

a little pricey and bulky but the lower speed is what you need when using carbide burs and catridge rolls.
a pnuematic die grider works good but uses alot of air so find a large air compressor or be very patient. JMHO.

1. back off timing. on tntr, go with timing 4.
2. 2nd gen manifold -- helped spool considerably on my truck
3. cam. Although I have no back to back testing with my cam, others seem to agree that a cam makes a big difference.

3. cam. Although I have no back to back testing with my cam, others seem to agree that a cam makes a big difference.

I've never tried timing 4 before so I will definitely give it a shot. Do I need to get an aftermarket 2nd gen manifold or will a stocker suffice? What about bigger sticks, maybe 120's?

Thanks

X2

There are some things in the charger that can make a difference but without seeing your actual piece its hard to say what's left to gain there.

Chris

X2

There are some things in the charger that can make a difference but without seeing your actual piece its hard to say what's left to gain there.

Chris

Thanks Chris I was actually thinking about sending you a Pm asking you if there is anything that can be done to the turbo itself to help with spool.

cam is the most expensive- after market 2nd gen manifold - and some larger nozzles will help

of course alittle grinder work cant hurt