Looking for boost leaks

Yes i have the stock intercooler but i want to check my whole system. I was thinking if i removed the top intercooler pipe on my twins, found a rubber plug that fit it i could o it that way. Or will the motor bleed all my pressure off?

Is there really anygood way to check my whole system without removing everything?

inline6359 said:
Yes i have the stock intercooler but i want to check my whole system. I was thinking if i removed the top intercooler pipe on my twins, found a rubber plug that fit it i could o it that way. Or will the motor bleed all my pressure off?

Is there really anygood way to check my whole system without removing everything?
Smoke test it.

Yes but do i still need to pressurize it? What should i use, fogging liquid? How long will it take to see results? Specifics would help me alot.

Rick

I tried the "plug and air compressor" scheme on my 24 valve and it worked to an extent. The motor bleed the pressure off and I had to set the regulator on my air compressor to supply the air constantly. I found a few small leaks with some soapy water spray and tightened the bolts. Now, I have been told you can losen off your exhaust valve rockers so they are all closed and it shouldn't leak, so maybe you can try that.$.02