Looking for ecm for 2006 dodge

proctors garage

ECM is needed for a 2006 dodge 3500 2WD manual trans all I seem to be able to find are from auto trucks. anybody has one please let me know.

I couldn't tell you for sure I put a auto ecm in it. loaded a manual file in it but it still has a park alarm and lots of tranny codes too.

car-part.com is where I found mine. If the codes are ecm related disable them with efilive. Snip the buzzer that sounds alarm. I have an 03 manual truck with an 06 auto ecm and I have no transmission related codes. The ecm has a manual file flashed in it. My truck was a manual to begin with so maybe thats why.

I'm curious if running an auto ECM with a manual trans will have problems. I run an early 04 auto ECM on my conversion and it throws alot of codes for the trans. Will this cause the truck to be in limp mode possibly. The reason I ask is because my truck really doesn't seem to have the power it's suppose to

I'm curious if running an auto ECM with a manual trans will have problems. I run an early 04 auto ECM on my conversion and it throws alot of codes for the trans. Will this cause the truck to be in limp mode possibly. The reason I ask is because my truck really doesn't seem to have the power it's suppose to

Possibly but it would be a dramatic reduction in power. I would have a manual file flashed in.

Possibly but it would be a dramatic reduction in power. I would have a manual file flashed in.

My truck does seem to have a serious loss off power, stock is not even tolerable and with the smarty it's okay at best I've been wonder for a while if it could be in some sort of limp mode because of the auto ECM

I got in this situation when I ordered a ecm from salvage yard that was inventoried as a manual turns out it's a auto. I didn't catch it until after I changed the vin number. The truck is bone stock and customer is not willing to let me modify to make work. I was hoping I could find a manual that was in his budget.:nail: