looking for more power and lower egts?

RED_SLED

I'm looking to make more power out of my setup and possibly get my egts down. If I put the hammer down in 5th gear Im hitting 1500 degrees at 70-75mph. I sig is up to date and my dvs are 65ccs from haisley

I'm looking to make more power out of my setup and possibly get my egts down. If I put the hammer down in 5th gear Im hitting 1500 degrees at 70-75mph. I sig is up to date and my dvs are 65ccs from haisley

I would venture to say with the work you have done, the only thing that will cool you down is a compound setup.

I was thinking compounds also. what would be a good primary with my 66? would water meth help much?

66 over an s480. Not a tow freindly setup but its got the potinal to make big big power... Its aproximently 1200-1400hp worth of air if i rember correctly.

66 over an s480. Not a tow friendly setup but its got the potential to make big big power... Its approximately 1200-1400hp worth of air if I remember correctly.

Noooo. Enough for 1000 perhaps, or closer to 1100. But that would be pushing it. I'd suggest bponcis fav setup for mild DD. GT 4294r over 351. I may be off a little on the garrett numbers. Search, newb.

water meth would help. Depending on the tuning around 60-80 hp and anywhere from 100-200 degrees cooler I would guess

66 over an s480. Not a tow freindly setup but its got the potinal to make big big power... Its aproximently 1200-1400hp worth of air if i rember correctly.

The number of people that have done 1200hp with a 66/480 setup with a 12 valve can probably be counted on one hand. Chris Werner is one that comes to mind, 1200hp on nitrous I believe.

Will a 66/s480 spool faster than my 66 alone? Who makes the best water meth kit for the money?

Will a 66/s480 spool faster than my 66 alone? Who makes the best water meth kit for the money?

I'm using a Cooling Mist unit. I set it to spray on EGT input, not boost. I did this for help towing and that is the only time it sprays as the egt's are not an issue normal driving.

which coolingmist model?

Stage 2, single spray, progressive. I like it as you set an initial spray temp and full spray temp. I don't run hot like some and set mine for 1150-1300.
Also have their 7 gallon tank mounted inside my tool box. I use 0* washer fluid also.

Stage 2, single spray, progressive. I like it as you set an initial spray temp and full spray temp. I don't run hot like some and set mine for 1150-1300.
Also have their 7 gallon tank mounted inside my tool box. I use 0* washer fluid also.

what kind of temp drops are you seeing?

Back