Looking For Remote Oil Filter Mount 12V!

DART505

WFO ALL THE TIME
I need a source new or used for a oil filter remote mount kit to fit a 12 valve Cummins!:thankyou2:

I have a remote from Amsoil, it has a by-pass and a normal oil filter. It can be mounted anywhere. You can also extend your filter life. I like mine. You do have to run Amsoil, but I was doing that anyway. Just an option:Cheer: .

Please do not do that to your engine.

The Cummins engine has several unique things that make a remote oil filter ONLY a very bad idea.

One of several issues people have had with any remote filter is starving the engine of oil. If you were to call Amsoil directly and speak with someone with a shard of technical knowledge, they would tell you that they no longer recommend the dual filter remote bypass unit for the cummins engine. They now recommend the stand alone BMK-13 bypass, and say not to block the full flow filter.

The full flow filter has no bypass setting (Almost all remote mount filters do have some kind of bypass setting). And the lines are way too small for transfering all of the oil to the filter and back to the engine.

The best thing in the world you can do is simply add a bypass filter to the oil system so you have to change the filters and oil less often.. I'm assuming you have twins and don't like breaking them apart to change the filter.. If nothing else, consider extending your drain intervals with a very high quality full flow oil filter, synthetic oils, and a bypass filter. Then you can take apart the twins as prevenative maintenance every 15,000-20,000 miles as you replace the oil filters.

Keep a good record using oil analysis along the way, and you should have no problem reaching those types of intervals..

I would highly recommend using the Hastings/Baldwin B50 oil filter and mount. Less then 1/4 the cost of amsoil, and will filter down to 4um.. (red blood cells are 8um for comparison)

Is the problem that the lines are too small?I did'nt ask if it keeps the stock filter I was assuming that it did so that it would keep filtering like OE.Long oil change intervals with the ammount of fuel I am running is impossible.I ordered it already & will call for more info tomorrow.:thankyou2: I have used them on race cars for 30+ years with no problems but I am all ears if anyone else has simular experiences!It is in my superduty & you have to remove the innercooler pipe,air intake pipe & pipe between the turbos to remove the filter!!:soap:

So are you blocking the stock filter and sending all of the oil away from it to the remote mount, or are you just drawing oil from the stock mount and taking it to a secondary filter (like a bypass filter?)

The only reason we change oil is because it gets dirty. If you can keep the oil clean, then the need to change oil goes away. Can it be indefinentally? Who knows.. There are several OTR trucks with over 1 million miles on a single oil change. It comes down to making sure you have proper filtration AND that you moniter the condition of the oil using analysis.

This could be difficult if it is a conversion motor.

I'm confused, you are saying the duel by-pass systems are bad. I have had no problems with mine, just cleaner oil.

All I am doing is moving the stock filter to a remote location because of the conversion.I checked it does use the stock Cummins filter.

No, I was not questioning you Dart. I was confused by the what MD was saying. My filter has an adapter that goes from the stock location to a separate by-pass and standard filter. I just don't get why this is a bad thing.

I thought that some one was questioning my athoritaaah.LOL :lolly:

If it uses a stock cummins filter, I would be much more inclined to use it. You are still going to have a momentary point in startup where the engine is not getting oil. Since the stock filter does not have an anti-drain back valve, the lines between the block and the filter could empty.

This will force the oil pump to push out the air through the lines, into the filter, and back to the engine when you first start.

The best solution would be to get a pre-luber to go with the system. Basically it is an electric pump that primes the oil system before you start.

The problem with the amsoil filter is similar, but it has another unfortunate design flaw. Almost all full flow filters have a bypass setting, where the stock filter does not. Depending on the RPM and pressure, this is a chance of oil going through un-filtered.

This system also has the same oil starvation issue. There are probably a dozen documented cases where people who install amsoil bypass on either a dodge or ford show increased wear particles after installing the filters. If you do either system, do an oil analysis and find what your average Iron particle counts are before you install the system and then after you install the system.