Looking for some power upgrades

carlosrivero71

Apologies for posting to multiple forums, but as they say "knowledge is power" and power is why we're all here.

I have a 91.5 intercooled CTD automatic in a 93 chevy 1500. Current mods: MasterPower turbo (don't know the sizes), BHAF, open 4" exhaust (straight back),
and ground fuel pin, starwheel turned down all the way. Lots of smoke once I hit the go pedal. Some go, but not much - EGTs goin' up real fast tho.
Only get about 8psi of boost. Lot's of white smoke at idle.

Anyway, recently resurrected the project after a 3 year hiatus (translated: divorce and custody battle) and want to give her (the truck) some Christmas presents.

This is what I'm thinking:

KDP kit
3200 Spring
Fuel Pin (Denny T is looking really good right now) - any suggestions
Water/Methanol Injection (Snow Performance???)
Propane Injection - suggestions/advice???
Replumb the air intake and intercooler pipes (it's a mess right now)

Any comments or suggestions?

you should be getting more than 8psi! im pushing 32 psi with my stock turbo. youve got some other issue going on...

I would check your boost line for any cracks or kinks because you should be in the 20s atleast if you have been messing with the pump. I would stay away from meth and propane for now. You said you have a lot of smoke so propane wont help much. I have the Denny T and I like it, its a very good product for a great price. As for your "some go" dodge blessed us with very crappy "to be modest" torque converters. They can not handle horsepower well, so I think a great christmas present would be a new converter for it.