Looking to buy an 07 Cummins...

MUNDY351

So here is the deal... I rolled my superduty over and it has just been claimed totaled. I am looking for an 07 5.9 megacab laramie with around 30k-50k miles.

Any opinions on the 6.7 there is a lot of them for sale. I have never driven one or ridden in one for that matter.

Delete the emissions+programmer and they will suprise you I like mine wouldnt take a 5.9 for it. JMO

just like he said. chunck the dpf & egr, get your choice programmer, and you will have a great truck. better than a 5.9 in my opinion too

Thanks... What about the longevity of the 6.7...I plan on running this truck for a long time as ling as I dont total it...

we just deleted the emissions system off a 6.7 truck with 120k on the odo she still pulls like a frieght train no problem thus far. Also the truck pulled all the time as a hotshot truck

the 6.7 is a better all around truck due to the integral exhaust brake and better automatic transmission, especially once you do the deletes

delete the emissions and you're golden, if you're looking to hold big power, the 6.7 auto trannies are... not the best for that.

What kind of fuel economy are people seeing out of the 6.7 compared to the 5.9? I know a guy that gets 20mpg on the highway empty, does the 6.7 compare to that?

with stock tires on mine with all the emissions still on it never got better than 14. after it was all deleted with a smarty jr. on sw 1 it hand calculated 22-24 on the highway. with a 6in lift and 37's it is back down to 16-18 and runs about 1500 rpm at 70. I also have 112,000 miles on the truck and it runs strong, doesn't burn oil, and has never had a problem.