looking to convert my 2500 to a dually

JoeCochrane83

I have a 02 2500 6 speed Dana 80 with disc brakes. I wanna convert to a dually and a 96" by 9ft long flat bed. Do I need to change my rear hubs or can I just bolt the dual wheels on? And will I need to change the front spindle or just bolt the dually rotor and spacer on?

Just need the factory spacer for the front. And a lot of guys just use a 3" spacer for the rear

Thanks I'll need a a spacer between the duals in the rear my truck is on 35 toyo mts

So your gonna put a 3" spacer on. And then another 2" spacer between the tires? Sounds like a lot of spacer. Is that common?
I know i run 2" spacer in my duals but the 3" spacer to make duals work would scare me unless it was just for pulling and horse play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know I needed the inside spacer for the rear untill I started this thread. Im not comfortable with double spacers either. My bed is pretty rough has a large dent from a blow out. Badbrad how much you want for those front spacers.

Ford super duty axle is a different bolt pattern and weaker than a Dana 80. My truck is a 02 so it's a disc brake truck and I'm pretty sure I can just swap the rear hubs from a dually Dana 80 onto my truck. Does anyone know the difference in width between the dually rear end and the srw.

I have a 70HD out of an 05 E450. It is the same bolt pattern and looks tougher than an 80. You might be able to swap hubs, but I've never seen it done. It has two pins that slide out and then the caliper comes off so you can replace pads in no time.

Be better off just swapping in a dually axle then dealing with spacers. And a 70hd is weaker then a Dana 80

You also need the speed sensor in the axle, I beleive. Stick with a Dodge D80 dually. Heck, that & the engine are the best parts of the truck.

Ed

Back