looking to get a class B licence

What state are you located in? That might help some guys answer.

Don't limit yourself with a class B license, get class A while you're at it, gives you more job opportunities down the road.

Don't limit yourself with a class B license, get class A while you're at it, gives you more job opportunities down the road.

x2, from experience, you'll kick yourself for not getting it all knocked out at the same time..... I hold a valid Texas CDL, but transferred from a different state...

Does any one know what all you have to do to get a class B license

Clint

Almost the exact same as someone getting a class A, the only difference is the road test can be in a straight truck instead of a combination vehicle. It's good up to 46k or so and will do you absolutely no good in the job market unless you are aiming to stay with outfits that run nothing but trucks, no trailers. I've held a class B for the past 10 years and really wish I could have gotten an A instead.

easy though.. i got a class b with air brakes. for the bucket truck at work.
go down and get the book its free.
study a bit, stand in line again and take the permit test. pass and you get a permit, its free
drive a truck with some one with a license, study the book.
stand in line again, take the class a test, you can drive for a b but the tests are no difference in cost.
pass and schedule a driving test, pay 50 or so dollars and get a pic...
show up, no line, to take driving test, pass they will send you your license in mail.

i wish i had an A license too but all we had was our bucket truck without a pintle trailer, so i got the b, oh well.
good luck enjoy!

If I were you I would just go for the A you never know when you may need it and its not hard to get

Ive got a class A I know in Indiana its 3rd party testing which sucks Im pretty sure they try to fail the 1st time here so you come back I know you want to study the pre trip very well word for word. You will also have to get a physical. I have to have a Class A to pull my gooseneck here so like everyone else says get the A because to get it after a B you have to start over. So do it the first time you wont regret it