looking to get into the 12s

roysd350

i need help with good power combos . i dont know a lot but maxed my pump out riged up a intake. what do i need to do to make big power?

Yup...not a very good chance on 12's with a ve pump (unless you are in a tube frame chassis ultralight, or don't care about reliability or daily driving). Good luck to ya on the quest though.

yes i have found the ve pump is not a good starting point i know a guy that has a totaled 98 i could porb get it cheep and would have a better starting point in my quest for 12s

My best to date is 13.03 @ 101.85 in the quarter (60' of 1.81). 6400lb Clubcab W250. A518 Non lock-up trans. Factory original 12mm VE (with a governor spring).

As soon as I'm finished putting the trans back together, I Hope do 12.99 or better . . . . ?

Yup...not a very good chance on 12's with a ve pump (unless you are in a tube frame chassis ultralight, or don't care about reliability or daily driving). Good luck to ya on the quest though.

My best to date is 13.03 @ 101.85 in the quarter (60' of 1.81). 6400lb Clubcab W250. A518 Non lock-up trans. Factory original 12mm VE (with a governor spring).

As soon as I'm finished putting the trans back together, I Hope do 12.99 or better . . . . ?

I'm not saying you can't get to 12's on a VE, I'm planning on trying it also. I am just saying for big power you need a P7100. For most people, the best route to go fast in a 1st gen is to put a p-pump on it. BC and I are just unreasonable and stubborn. LOL

Mine is a single cab but 4x4 and 5spd so I think ill just make a play truck / restor thanks for all the advice . 2nd gen is what I need for racing I've came to find out .

It's hard to get 12's in a manual without big power. Running that fast in a VE truck shouldn't be a problem with nitrous though. I plan on running that once I get to the track (whenever that is).

Just to break that theory (no58). . . .

1285.jpg

'93 W250 Clubcab @ 6400lbs, non lock-up A518.
Factory original 12mm VE (with a governor spring mod) pushing through some 6x0.016" EDMs (Scheid), a little W/M and a LOT of air.

Drove it 91 miles to the track, made a few passes, and then drove it 91 miles home. A regular farm truck otherwise. ;)

Hell ya man I haven't been messing with my truck tryn to buy a house so its on the back burner rite now

Just to break that theory (no58). . . .

1285.jpg

'93 W250 Clubcab @ 6400lbs, non lock-up A518.
Factory original 12mm VE (with a governor spring mod) pushing through some 6x0.016" EDMs (Scheid), a little W/M and a LOT of air.

Drove it 91 miles to the track, made a few passes, and then drove it 91 miles home. A regular farm truck otherwise. ;)

That is beautiful...when are you going to put a 14mm on that thing?

LOL I won't. Shoot, I figure I could get another 25HP or so just by refurbishing the thing (244,000 miles). To be sure there's more in a bombed 12mm. ;)

Back