loping and wont start

cumminsforlife

Ok i just rebuilt this motor completly with brand new 5 speed tranny. Put everything in and started it with a small amount of starting fluid to get air out of fuel line and ran fine let idle for 15 min. I shut it off and tried to start it again and wont start. The lift pump will turn on for a split sec and shut off (raptor 150). So i kept trying and wont start for anything so i sprayed a lil bit more of starting fluid in and starts and runs fine. That time i went to shut it off and the fuel pump still continued to fun for 5 or so seconds after i shut it off but wont turn on when i go to turn key. I started it again and was taking it for a drive and started up the drive way and it started loping really bad, Like a nasty tuned efi live dmax. Im thinking that the lift pump isnt running and the vp44 is sucking through the lift pump and to the tank to get fuel, if that sounds right. Any input would be great really need this truck running and reliable.

Are you sure you dont have a wire for the lift pump on the wrong battery post?

I never really checked the truck started and ran fine when i bought till the rear main seal blew.

So I did some things today to the truck, so it will start on starting fluid but with the fuel pump running at 11lbs at the pump it won't start. I'm completely lost with all these electronics. There was an edge on it but i just unplugged it all and sold it ,could that be the problem or does the ECM need flashed.