loss of power...

6owed

gettin' faster
I recently added a exhaust to my truck and it lost its balls:bang what happened??

It's a 4" TURBO back no cat w/ dynomax muffler
should I go back to the 3.5" downpipe?
the looney tune isn't even fun I have to stop to break 'em loose when before I could at like 30mph:confused:

Taking the cat out really killed my low end, and I only have a 3.5" DP.

Is the Dynomax muffler for a diesel or gasser?
I will assume its a diesel system, but its a place to start

i am curious if this is an issue with some of the sensors or what have you in the motor. cause a similar thing happand to me and my truck. right when i put the extreme street tune in my truck, i could freakin lay rubber for a hundred feet if i wanted to with no brake. than a couple days later i could barely brake the tires loose, and i changed nothing! i have 3.5 afe down-pipe into a 4 in straight through mbrp. this system has been on my truck before i even got the SCT. i just now put on a 5inch cat back system on it for various reasons. so now it goes 3.5 down pipe to 5 inch, but i have a muffler on it now and today i will deleate that stupid thing. so yeah i am curious about this too, it might be exhaust related to you but it might be something else with my situation. i dont know!:bang the truck goes pretty good still, but there is no way i could see it doing a 13sec 1/4 mile!

If there was a sensor on the stock system that has been removed this is likely causing the problem. If not, might want to take the truck somewhere and see if any codes come up on the ECM. Likely a back pressure sensor, or O2 or something of that sort. Possibly even something to do with the EGR on that truck.

I'm not sure...

The 4' DOwnpipe does make it so it takes more time to spool the turbo. DJ told me it's best to run a 3.5 if your not going with injectors and varios other mods. I only kept my 4' cause I tow heavyweight and it helps keep the egts down.

its not throwing any DTC's
i'm not sure what the heck it is but I just know it's slower i'm in it at least 8hrs a day. I just wish I had some dyno #'s before/after. I'm going to set it back to the stock setting and unplug the PCM and see if it will reset and maybe that will help.
I tried to call DJ today to get his advice or see if maybe I need another tune but I didn't get to talk to him. He's real busy still w/ his move.

I think that the reset helped seems to be back to normal.

new concern, in looney tune I noticed from 70-80mph when I punch it it takes off putting you in the seat for a couple seconds and then its like it loses power w/ same rpms and sound. is it my tranny slipping?

Damn it sounds alot like mine. I pick up a different set of tunes off of another dealer and all and I mean all of the power is back. I just got the new tunes yesterday also.

so...... is it a good idea to remove the cat on an 06. it's all i have left with a 4" from the turbo back. i want more sound and whistle, but don't want to damage anyting or void my motor warrenty???

I think its fine but keep a 3.5" down pipe I think mine was lost w/ the 4"

Just chimin in, I have been running ID's Extreme Street Tune for months now on my 05 with MBRP's full 4'' system with no cat and if I punch it from a standstill or a roll it will still melt the tires. I try not to do it because it makes my shiny stainless exhaust look like it has been Rhino Lined:lolly:

Just chimin in, I have been running ID's Extreme Street Tune for months now on my 05 with MBRP's full 4'' system with no cat and if I punch it from a standstill or a roll it will still melt the tires. I try not to do it because it makes my shiny stainless exhaust look like it has been Rhino Lined

r u running a muffler only or nothing.... and what size is your downpipe?

I am running a MBRP 3.5 dp to 4" straight through muffler with no kitty on my 07' and it seems more responsive off the line...
And no, there is no longer any whistle and the pipes didn't help either!:doh: