Lost the keys to my truck.... How much for a re-keying???

Pangela

Not here.
Yeah........ I know. :bang

I drove the truck this morning, and came home, unloaded a bunch of stuff, then had to deal with the heater repairman being here. So now I can't find the keys. I either lost them somewhere here in the house, or.... and I hate to think badly of people, but the keys were here until the repairmen came. So I guess it is a slight possibility that they may have snagged the keys... Though I certainly hope not. But because of that possibility, I'm now worried my truck's going to disappear in the night. I can't even pop the hood to disable the battery cables or anything. I guess I could call AAA and have them break in for me so I could do that. I'm just slightly freaked and perturbed at myself right now.

So any idea's how much it costs to have an entire truck re-keyed? Doors, ignition and all? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Dumbblonde.jpg

+

pea_coat_navy.jpg

=

keys.jpg

An idiot.
I had too much going on, and had put them in my coat pocket, not somewhere I normally put them, and hung the coat in the closet.

:bang :bang :bang

No extra key?
What about a key code by using the vin?

Good luck !:doh:

Should be able to get another one from dealership by giving them vin. I did it on my last vehicle wasn't expensive at all.

Thats ok ang, it has been done before, and it will be done again.. heck these guys didnt even figure out the pics lol..

Kevin

and everybody makes fun of my massive keychain with redundant keys on it! :p

a good locksmith can make you a key without the VIN, but if Chrysler can get you a new one, I'd definately go that route

Gah!! LOL No, no extra key.... wtf. I'll get one now. Poor heater repairmen, I had them pegged LOL.

I dont think you are going to have to worry about someone stealing your truck at night. Its way to loud to just sneak away with it lol

well after loosing my keys i found that the dealer vin key did not work. we popped the ignition out, and ended up putting it back in. and popping out the door lock to have a new key made.