Lots of codes!

FaSSt9602

Driving up to Vegas for work last week the truck popped up with a CEL. Once I got to a point where I could stop, I ran the SCT to check the codes. I got the following:

P0261 Injector Circuit Low - Cylinder 1
P0264 Injector Circuit Low - Cylinder 2
P0267 Injector Circuit Low - Cylinder 3
P0270 Injector Circuit Low - Cylinder 4
P0273 Injector Circuit Low - Cylinder 5
P0276 Injector Circuit Low - Cylinder 6
P0279 Injector Circuit Low - Cylinder 7
P0282 Injector Circuit Low - Cylinder 8

I cleared the codes just to see if it was a fluke, and the CEL came back on after about 50 miles. Stayed on for a while and went back off on its own for a while and now is back for good...truck seems to fun just fine.

Being that all the codes refer to injector issues, is my FICM going bad? I do have the inductive heating flash, which I have heard has fried a few FICM's...again, truck seems to run fine right now.

There is a newer ficm flash that is supposed to address this issue. But if you datalog the ficm high voltage you can see where it will drop from 48 volts down to the 20s. Thats not good. Make sure you are providing it with a good 12 volts and you have no ground issues.

The only way to fix it is to replace it. I don't know if the flash can truly fix it if there voltage drivers are failing.

check the ficm m power. it should never drop below 47.5 volts if it ever drops below it and continues to drop your ficm is bad. needs replacement

It's going to the dealer tomorrow so we will see...time to put it back to stock for a couple days... :-(

Well I put the truck back to stock tuning a couple days ago and the codes went away and never came back on stock tuning after 200 miles of driving...put the Extreme Street file back in just to see and all is still good for another 50 miles...

When I first threw the code and cleared it, it was back within 50 miles of driving. Could it be that sporadic that now it won't come back on in all this driving? The SCT tunes don't touch the FICM, so that shouldn't make a difference should it?

Back