Lots Of White Smoke

black03cummins

Well today i went to pass a semi truck and then o dear god white smoke. i was at about 49 psi of boost, 1275ish egts. i had no power at all and everytime i gave it throttle tons of white smoke. i had no boost. i thought well sh!! i blew it up. then i thought what the hell, so i shift into neutral and let it idle for oh about 30 seconds. then it was back to normal. so i romped on it and she ran just like normal. as soon as i got home i pulled my oil cap to see if i had a ton of blow by and nothing out of the ordinary. idles fine, sounds fine. this is about the third time this has happened. could my injectors be taking a crap? did my PRV pop?
:confused:

Try checking the connections on the injectors and harnesses. My injectors would make the truck run poorly before they went. Two times I just let it sit and it was fine. I fixed it two or three times by cleaning the connections and it was fine. Then it happened again, but nothing would help so I bought new injectors. Are you getting any codes?

well i found out what happened. i was changing a out a boot off my secondary turbo and it was full of oil. so i pulled all the plumbing off and apprently my secondary turbo oil seal seemed to have gone out. so now i wonder with all the oil that i probably blew through the engine, did it hurt the engine or cause some premature wear?

i checked my oil and im about 3/4 of a quart low. luckily i have been waiting for the time to get that 2k swapped out for the 3k i had in the garage. now i have the reason