low boost #?

josho5859

Keeping it straight
i just installed a boost gauge as well as a sct plug n play. i put the boost fitting in the boost elbow. now wen i went out to play i noticed i was only pushin 25-28psi tops. dont now if its b/c of where i put the fitting or if i have leaks :doh: let me no wat yall think

Mines a factory 05 boost gauge, and havent seen 30 or over with a multitude of different tunes. When the turbo was sticking and doing wierd things from time to time, she's visit just over for no reason sometimes haha.

its an 03... also its if i let off the gas hard it sounds like the wastegate sticks and has a fluttering sound. best word to describe it i guess. any ideas

AKA Compressor surge. Pent up boost has to go somewhere, so it ****s back through the turbo making all kinds of sweet music.

Its just nature of the beast. But if you are fearful someone makes a blow off for like 600 bucks to help you sleep better at night. 600 dollars in their pocket buys them 2000 thread count sheets and goose down pillows. With a couple bucks left over to double up on some tylenol pm. Thats how they sleep at night.

That sound is normal as psdplayer said, its not surge, it doesnt have a wastegate, and your boost numbers are normal.

Back