low egts

jon28

hey guys i'm jon from indy and have a 97 12v auto with all mods in my sig and i can only maybe bairely touch 850 at wot for a longg time like minutes and i would have thought the 100hp injectors would have raised it some and at idle in gear with truck warm idles 420 and out of gear can drop very slowly to 230-250 after couple minutes but just doesn't jump when i put my foot into it it just creeps up. could this be fuel ip problem or something bigger any help is welcome other than this truck has never run better, injectors are 5x.012 thanks guys.
-Jon
p.s. i could just be loosing my mind

i dont know to be honest not gonna try and lie i dont know what the airdog is feeding the ip at, and no its in the exhaust manifold but i didn't install it someone else did but times supposedly 16.5 also and i am wondering if it really is.

does the truck feel strong? you could have a bad thermocouple or gauge. There's just no way a 12v w/ a plate full forward, slutted AFC, and any sort of injectors is only making 850*

i'm thinking the probe may be bad guess only way to tell is change it and see, truck is strong , but only to a certain throttle spot then like nothing more past 1/2-3/4 throttle truck runs but just like flattens out but keeps pulling just not any harder,but could be me cuz i'm still new to the performacne part of the diesel world

my dads 1st gen with same injectors and hx35 turbo non intercooled from light ot light walked away from me and he was onyl 1/2 throttle and i was manually shifting wide open! and he walked away its just not there so i'm thinking fuel pressure where should it be at? i'm gonna check with guage tomorrow

Check the overflow valve, may be returning to much fuel to the tank.

I've had bad pyros before.

the quick and dirty way is to take a pair of vise grips or a proper brake hose pinching tool and pinch off the return line. They're cheap enough to just buy a new one, replace it, and if there's no change, keep it in your boonie box as a spare.

ok cool thanks for help guys really appreciate it but we have seemed to have found the problem the spring in my airdog was no where near!! a 30lb sping so i put a 40 in and truck seems a world better

ya thank you guys very much umm whats anyones opinion on the htt's stage 5 upgrade for the hx35 the 60mm wheel to replace 58mm? i was thinking of upgrading my turbo to that because i cant afford a complete new turbo right now

Save up for a 62mm, some sticks, and a clutch or if automatic, save for a long time, and put a lot of money into that....

Either way, you will be pleased with the results

Chase

ya thank you guys very much umm whats anyones opinion on the htt's stage 5 upgrade for the hx35 the 60mm wheel to replace 58mm? i was thinking of upgrading my turbo to that because i cant afford a complete new turbo right now

I wouldn't waste the time polishing a turd... save the time/money/effort for a real turbo.

ya i thought i will save thanks guy :) and i already have my auto built just no billet but dave g converter and all other goodies, but i'll just be patient and wait lol