Low Fuel PSI

joelc79

I have an 03 with the Airdog 150, it is about 2yrs old. I recently installed a fuel psi and rail psi gauges(issproEV2) Well ever since this pump was installed i would hear a random buzz at an idle or at a stop light. It sounds like a distant fog horn.Well the fuel psi gauge indicates the noise is a complete drop in fuel psi. I have applied the pedal during the drop and it does not come up. Usually lasts about 5sec then comes right back up. Idles at 18K and wot is about 15K. This is kinda low to start with right? I ordered new filters a bit o go and it didn't make a difference.

I have an 03 with the Airdog 150, it is about 2yrs old. I recently installed a fuel psi and rail psi gauges(issproEV2) Well ever since this pump was installed i would hear a random buzz at an idle or at a stop light. It sounds like a distant fog horn.Well the fuel psi gauge indicates the noise is a complete drop in fuel psi. I have applied the pedal during the drop and it does not come up. Usually lasts about 5sec then comes right back up. Idles at 18K and wot is about 15K. This is kinda low to start with right? I ordered new filters a bit o go and it didn't make a difference.

Sounds like you may be pulling air into the system possibly. What is the pressure reading out of the AirDog itself?

And how do you read that, tear apart my gauge and put it out back connected directly to the pump? Is there an easy way to check this. It has done it since new. At first the pump was really noisy and the manual said it could be sucking air i believe. Like the next day it went away and i only hear this. It sounds a bit diffirent

Regardless of the filters condition you should not see psi go down to zero (unless you have 100% blockage) and in the case of that severe a blockage you would not regain any psi. Have you ever changed the filter? Only thing I can think is if the filter is realy pluged your pump is working hard and maybe getting hot enough to momentaraly shut down. call Pureflow and talk to Toby.

I have just recently changed em out. It doesn't make a difference. Like i said it been since new.

joelc79 I have Toby's direct cell # if you need it PM me. Otherwise Pureflow's # is 573-635-0555. Hope this helps.$.02

And how do you read that, tear apart my gauge and put it out back connected directly to the pump? Is there an easy way to check this. It has done it since new. At first the pump was really noisy and the manual said it could be sucking air i believe. Like the next day it went away and i only hear this. It sounds a bit diffirent

Well I read through your first post and never saw anywhere where it said what your fuel pressure was. Looks like rail pressure is 18K?? What the AirDog fuel psi?

Back