low power, no codes

SMOKED

Big Iron Mechanic
my dads 03 6.0 all stock except edge juice blew up at 61,000 miles, no big deal, i pulled the engine and had the block bore .030, replaced 2 rods, all new stock pistons, new bearings,2 new cylinder heads,arp head studs, egr and cooler delete,cat and muffler delete, new oil pump and 8 remanned injectors and a remanned turbo, all for around 8500.00, he threw the edge in the trash cause he thought that is what caused it, it lost the two right front cylinders when it went, now it feels like it has low power, it shifts a little rougher than i remember and doesnt want to rev high, it drives around great, sounds good, engine is smooth and quiet but this truck rocked before it blew up even without the edge, i know nothing about the 6.0 as i am a cummins guy, the only thing i know is from the service manual assembly and disassembly, yesterday i threw a 300 dollar vgt solenoid at it which made it run a little better but that isnt it, i think the truck is stuck in limp mode from the other engine failure but i am lost with the fords, no check engine light, and no codes.:bang

no check engine light, no codes.

What rpm are you able to rev it to?

How much boost pressure is it making?

What makes you think it is low on power? (The stock truck has a lot less power than a truck tuned) It should dyno between 260 and 290.

it wont powerbrake, when stock it would fry the tires, it is gutless at wot it is shifting about 3300 rpm and is shifting rougher than before it lost the engine, not sure what the boost is, trying to get him to buy another edge juice or sct, i know something is not right, i have driven this truck on several occasions untuned and it was impressive, tuned at level 3 90h.p. and it got up and hauled ass for a dually that had no mods except the tune. oh ya it is an early 2003 f-350 dually longbed extended cab 4x4 lariat.

check the turbo could be stuck or not making any boost. If you have a scan tool see if it will test the turbo function.

Are you able to check your High pressure oil? If you have a leak or weak pump, it won't throw any codes but you will loose power.

Back