low sulfur vs. ultra low...

Rob_Bones

I H8T ULSD
After fueling up today I noticed the pump said “low sulfur” vs. “ultra low”. It also had the sticker that said federal law prohibits its use in 07 and newer engines. I’ve driven about 20 miles on the tank so far without any lights coming on but was wondering if I should pump the tank out and hope for the best, or just run it. I wasn’t sure if the station just hasn’t removed/ replaced the sticker or if it actually is the older style fuel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Rob

The fuel will run fine, it's a smog regulation thing. All newer vehicles have to run ultra low sulfer diesel after 06 in most states and 05 in Cali. It does have less lubicating properties but runs OK.

If that fuel actually contained the higher sulfur content will it plug up the emissions equipment of the truck?

no, it's purely a smog nazi thing it can contaminate a little quicker, but a tank or two isn't going to hurt the truck

AFAIK the refineries havent produced any "low sulfur" since june of 07. So unless it was some really old fuel, they probably just haven't updated the stickers on their pumps.

The more sulfer, the better its lubricating qualities... I'd run it in every tank if I could find it :D