Lowend stutter after DDP 1 install

kas83

Put my DDP 1's and #6 plate on my 95 Friday night, adjusted the starwheel about halfway forward. It now has a stutter around 1000-1300 rpm. Only on light throttle take offs, if I floor it, it doesn't do it. What should I look into? There are no leaks, and the truck runs fine outside of that.

......enough to slip the torque converter in OD:doh:

i went throw the say thing the other day a 96 1863 cpl installed ddp#4 and have a stutter from 1200-1800 . ddp told me it is probably timing i was thinking delivery valves:doh:

Possibly a delivery valve (size) issue.. Maybe bigger DV's will get rid of it.

6BT2500 said:
i went throw the say thing the other day a 96 1863 cpl installed ddp#4 and have a stutter from 1200-1800 . ddp told me it is probably timing i was thinking delivery valves:doh:

With the DDP4's I'd definitely say delivery valves, most people note a stutter with Marine 370s with the smaller pumps..
We have 191 DV's here.

I have the stutter too and was told to set the timing again.. right now it's only at 15* (Can't seem to get the damn gear off the front of the pump).. The stutter was there with stock 181's and also with .024's.. So I had plenty of fuel feeding them..

Been through this a couple times and timing got rid of my spits, sputters, pops and farts

Back